adding amp to arsenal... serious question for tone junkies!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by gbisn1960, Feb 11, 2008.

1. gbisn1960

gbisn1960 Member

alright.. so i've got this hankerin' for something a little different.. i've been looking at going to a 3 amp setup for a while and i'm kinda torn on what to do..
    right now i'm using a matchless hc30 on a 4x10 and a komet concorde on a 4x12 and it sounds great, but the cleaner i play the more i feel like i should have a dedicated clean tone in there because both amps are set to just breaking up.. i push everything with an ocd and a menatone red snapper..
    i've played a fuchs ods50 and by itself i couldn't use it because the gain structure doesn't lend itself to chord playing on the overdrive channel, but the clean was good.. i've played a SLO live but the first channel actually sounds similar to the hc30 to where it gets totally lost until i hit the lead boost.. played a CAE100 the other day and thats pretty close but its got that marshall esque thing with the lead channel..
    has anyone played a fuchs or two rock next to a vox type amp and switched channels on it?? how do they react??
    am i being clear enough on what i'm looking to do??
    thanks!!
    Jon

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Get a Bruno UG-30 or Cowtipper 45 or 90 as your dedicated clean amp. You won't be sorry. I'll be running a Concorde into a 4x12 in the next few months alongside my UG-30, and it'll be a match made in heaven. Best of both worlds, IMO. Concorde is my favourite rock/gain amp, and the UG30 my favourite clean amp. Think about it.

3. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Cowtipper 45 would match well with what you have!

4. gbisn1960

gbisn1960 Member

is the cowtipper a two channel amp?
    i'll throw this one in there too.. i'll be running all the amps at the same time and not switching from one to the other.. so when i say dedicated, i mean dedicated to the clean part of the 3 amps
    i'll check bruno stuff out too
    Jon

5. gbisn1960

gbisn1960 Member

who knows what about carol ann amps??
    also.. a 2 clean amps i really like are the carr rambler and the divided by 13 edt 13/29..
    if i could get that clean with the blue channel from a bogner extacy or something like that i would be great!
    Jon

6. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Land of Enchantment/Entrapment. Depending on view
    The Two Rock Jet has an amazing clean channel, with great reverb...