adding amp to arsenal... serious question for tone junkies!

gbisn1960

alright.. so i've got this hankerin' for something a little different.. i've been looking at going to a 3 amp setup for a while and i'm kinda torn on what to do..
right now i'm using a matchless hc30 on a 4x10 and a komet concorde on a 4x12 and it sounds great, but the cleaner i play the more i feel like i should have a dedicated clean tone in there because both amps are set to just breaking up.. i push everything with an ocd and a menatone red snapper..
i've played a fuchs ods50 and by itself i couldn't use it because the gain structure doesn't lend itself to chord playing on the overdrive channel, but the clean was good.. i've played a SLO live but the first channel actually sounds similar to the hc30 to where it gets totally lost until i hit the lead boost.. played a CAE100 the other day and thats pretty close but its got that marshall esque thing with the lead channel..
has anyone played a fuchs or two rock next to a vox type amp and switched channels on it?? how do they react??
am i being clear enough on what i'm looking to do??
thanks!!
Jon

markom89

Get a Bruno UG-30 or Cowtipper 45 or 90 as your dedicated clean amp. You won't be sorry. I'll be running a Concorde into a 4x12 in the next few months alongside my UG-30, and it'll be a match made in heaven. Best of both worlds, IMO. Concorde is my favourite rock/gain amp, and the UG30 my favourite clean amp. Think about it.

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Cowtipper 45 would match well with what you have!

gbisn1960

is the cowtipper a two channel amp?
i'll throw this one in there too.. i'll be running all the amps at the same time and not switching from one to the other.. so when i say dedicated, i mean dedicated to the clean part of the 3 amps
i'll check bruno stuff out too
Jon

gbisn1960

who knows what about carol ann amps??
also.. a 2 clean amps i really like are the carr rambler and the divided by 13 edt 13/29..
if i could get that clean with the blue channel from a bogner extacy or something like that i would be great!
Jon

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
The Two Rock Jet has an amazing clean channel, with great reverb...

Trending Topics