Adding grit to a Fuchs ODS clean channel?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Keld, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Keld

Keld Member

I know that might sound like an oxymoron, but the overdrive channel sounds great for single note stuff and I would like the other channel to be a bit more overdriven. Tough to balance the two sides that way. Cranking the input gain tends to compress the OD channel too much.

It's an ODS20 with an Eminence Wizard. Maybe a less efficient speaker so I can open it up a bit more??

Any input welcome.

2. Dave_C

Dave_C Supporting Member

I use an OCD into the clean channel for that purpose...controlled via MIDI via an Axess loop switcher and RJM Amp Gizmo. Let's me switch amp channels while simultaneously bypassing/inserting the OCD upfront. Works great.

3. 335guy

335guy Member

I use a pedal for the clean channel sometimes. Using a pedal ( or two ) gives one double+ the sound choices. Clean channel alone, clean channel with pedal, drive channel alone, drive channel with pedal. Then adding another pedal even add more sound/texture choices. Fuchs takes pedals fine IMO.

4. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Get a pedal for the clean channel. BB Boost maybe or AC boost? Or a Boost pedal? The OCD will turn it into a Marshall. At least that's what it did to my Fuchs TDS.

5. tonyhay

tonyhay Supporting Member

I use a King of Tone (yellow channel) to do this. It gets a real nice very slight od sound.

However having read the above posts I'm going to try my OCD again.

6. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

A Pure Gain or similar non-colored boost, works well. Add the gain boost and back down master, and it's the "on the edge" distortion sound many guys really like.

7. spakuloid

spakuloid Member

A Barber LTD special works fantastic. The stock LTD works great too. Will not muck with your tone.

8. Keld

Keld Member

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I was hoping there was a non-pedal solution; unless you use Dave_C's midi channel style setup, you have to tap dance to turn off the pedal when you switch to the lead channel.

9. jspax7

jspax7 Member

If you're running fx through the loop, try this. Set the loop to series, turn the send up to 2:00, turn the return down. Set your master volumes to 2:00, Gain (1st control) to 1:30. Use the loop return as your master volume. It will start getting loud with the return around 9:00. Mid boost and Gain boost add additional gain. All this from the clean channel.