ADDROCK the supreme king?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

I have heard so many times that everyone is choosing ADDROCK's BOOSTMASTER treble boost. Sounds interesting?

Is it the best? what about MJM RM or analogman beano or retroman's beano. Anyone tried these.

I am not interested in BSM products.....too insanely priced IMO

2. Rollo Timbre

Rollo Timbre Member

Addrock makes some good pedals. You could have one of each of his pedals and have a well rounded pedal board. There's not a bad one in the bunch. As far as the Boostmaster being the best, the "best" is too much a subjective categorization for me to say. It might work best for you, but not for Dick Hinklewanker.

3. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

It's as good as they get. I haven't played an Addrock pedal that wasn't top's in it's class. Great stuff.

4. Cary Chilton

Gainster yes those Addock clips sound great. THe most musical fuzz that I have heard. Any chance in getting a Boostmaster clip???

5. Cary Chilton

??????

BTW the fulltone 69 sounded IMO horrible through my plexi 67 and my buddies boogie mk4, but the addrock fuzz sounds AWESOME. Does the MJM fuzz compare?

6. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

Not in my book. The build of the Addrock is much better than the MJM.

7. Cary Chilton

gainster, can you get some addrock boostmaster clips? I GASSING here!

8. Conner

Conner Member

Gainster is the Addrock as out of control as the Crucible Si? You're clips of the crucible sound great, and it's making me GAS for one. I like the "untamed" sound of the Euthymia pedal a lot.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

9. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Longtime Addrock lover here. The Geranium is so easy to dial in and has a lot of gain available while still cleaning up nicely with the volume knob on my strat.

Gainster's clips are very much represenative of the Geranium's tone...very rich and detailed and it can be used as an overdrive too. Kills the 69 and any other Ge fuzz I've played.

The Boostmaster is amazing. It's just dialed in so right. Huge tones from a dead clean amp. Frighteningly toneful when used in front of another overdrive or fuzz. It's my alltime fave booster and/or overdrive.

I can't wait til the Not So Ol' Yeller comes out!

10. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

11. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Hey guys, a question on the Addrock Geranium Fuzz. Do you find the tone really fluctuates with temperature changes like other fuzz face clones? I was going to get a Sunface with the Sundial bias knob but maybe the Addrock's input gain control can somehow help sort out the temperature issues? Or is the Addrock quite stable despite temperature fluctuations?

taco

12. jero

jero Member

Gainster,

could you tell me what guitar/amp combination you used for recording the addrock germanium clips?

13. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Hmmm. I haven't had any issues with heat even here in Florida. I use the Geranium and Boostmaster on the gig at 90 dgrees all the time and they hold their tone well. That's just Florida...hot. However, I can't say I've ever played them in the direct sunlight outdoors. I think that might affect the sound of Ge trannies.

14. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

Strat w/ EMG SA's ...... 3-10 Blue Angel