Adjusting trim pots inside Barber Silver LTD

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jpervin, Jan 31, 2008.

1. jpervin

jpervin Member

I bought a Barber Silver LTD a couple of weeks ago to run with my Fender amps. While it does a fantastic job of producing some very nice light/medium tube-like overdrive, I've found that it thickens up my tone a bit, even when the LTD is off. It doesn't change the character of the original tone, but it's just something I noticed.
    There are two trim pots on the inside to adjust the prescence and bass. How effective is it to adjust these pots to get back to the original tone, as if I were basically plugging straight into the amp?

2. cacibi

cacibi Member

While the Silver LTD is pretty good - I think Barber have gotten much closer in the new LTD (v2), and I think you'll get a little coloration out of the silver no matter what. I have both and think of my Silver as 'TS-9ish) in comparison to the v2 LTD, so I will usually stack the Silver on top of the v2 for medium gain stuff.

Not trying to burst your bubble, it's a great pedal.

3. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

Thats supposed to be true bypass. Hmmm. And those internal trim pots shouldn't have any effect on tone unless the pedal is engaged. But you can always give it a try. To "get back to original tone" is what? Tone of the pedal? Or of your amp? I have v1 and sr and I had them both mod/pc by barber to have more control over the tone of the pedal issue. It was well worth it.

4. jpervin

jpervin Member

Thanks, Dave.