Adult Mom

Nevets

Silver Supporting Member
Not for everyone, but I discovered this band recently and find them very charming. Quirky female singer/songwriter indie guitar. If you like that kind of thing you might like them too.

chillybilly

I get a bit of a Liz Phair/Juliana Hatfield (Blake Babies) vibe there although the intentional (?) variation of the singing pitch is somewhat unique.

What's the story with the 7/8 yellow Strat and why is the top section a different color or stripped of finish?

I always grit my teeth when I hear bands in the studio sound so good because I can't get that sound :( may be time to admit I'm a s&#@$# producer.

They also have just enough but never too much gear.

I have noticed that indie bands in their infancy often have guitar parts with a lot of downstrokes - quarter notes, eighth notes. I'm thinking of the early days of Travis, Coldplay, the View (as in the Scottish band). I love that garage-y approach and sound. For some reason (possibly improved chops), bands often abandon this style and start doing arpeggios, barre chords, etc. Often the later songs and albums are good but I always prefer those meaty evenly-spaced rhythm figures.

Nevets

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah the vocal quirk is a bit odd. When I hear things like that I think the singer is putting on an affectation because they're not confident in their voice.

Not sure about the strat but I get the impression he's a TGP type of guy when I see a modified guitar like that.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom