Adventures In A Yorkshire Landscape

lpsunburst

Bill Nelson and BeBop Deluxe never got the recognition they should have gotten. I was fortunate enough to see them a couple of times in their prime, once opening for Thin Lizzy on the Jailbreak tour at the Riviera in Chicago and once opening for Queen at the old Chicago Stadium. Bill continues to produce an enormous amount of quality recordings and on rare instances when he revisits the BeBop he shows that he clearly still has it. And then there is the fantastic tone, please enjoy and if you like it search out Live In the Air Age for a real treat.

ned7flat5

Fantastic band with great musicianship. Loved their Futurama album in particular but the Live album as mentioned really delivered the goods as well.

Frank Prince

Silver Supporting Member
Live In The Air Age was a go to album for me in the late '70s. I heard it after I had been playing guitar for about 5 years or so, and was completely blown away. Shine and Sister Seagull were favorites on that album.

Their particular blend of jazz fusion and punk/new wave was genius. Definitely a desert island disc for me.

Porrig

I probably have everything Bill Nelson has ever released. An incredible musician.

Jon C

Silver Supporting Member
Total monster player with great tone, taste & chops. Wish I got to see him/ BBD live back when ...

zzmoore

I remember when "Axe Victim" was released.....and KSJO was playing No Trains".....
I thought for sure that Bill Nelson was going to be the next "Guitar God".....like Page, Hendrix, Clapton, Keith Richards, The Who, Deep Purple, etc etc etc.....but it never happened.
Perhaps he never wanted that badge.
Whatever happened with that first band anyway...??

trickness

Analog with a side of DSP
As much as I love Be Bop, I think Bill's stuff got much more interesting when he disbanded that group and did Red Noise, and the subsequent solo stuff. It was way more esoteric and varied. I've been collecting all his solo stuff on vinyl, and the sheer volume of releases is incredible. Lots of fun.

Trending Topics