• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Advice buying multieffects pedals

Loza

So my target is Zoom G5n or G5. My current situation is that I have two options; either buy Zoom G5n for 300usd from amazon, or buy a used Zoom G5 (Like new with everything in the box) for 167 usd.
I have read about articles comparing both items but I'm really confused shall I pay more for the zoom G5n, or get the used G5?

Also if you have any suggestions regarding to buying Boss me 80 instead of Zoom, please give me some advice.
Thanks.

Guitar1969

So my target is Zoom G5n or G5. My current situation is that I have two options; either buy Zoom G5n for 300usd from amazon, or buy a used Zoom G5 (Like new with everything in the box) for 167 usd.
I have read about articles comparing both items but I'm really confused shall I pay more for the zoom G5n, or get the used G5?

Also if you have any suggestions regarding to buying Boss me 80 instead of Zoom, please give me some advice.
Thanks.
I owned a G5 and now the G5n. The G5n has some things removed from the G5 but the amps and cabs are way better, which is what it should be considering the G5 is older tech.

Many of the early reviews were griping about the changes without people actually using the G5n and hearing it for thermselves - Most who own it now realize what a better product it is.

The G5n, because its more hi def has more limits on the DSP, but if you don't use a ton of effects you should be fine.

Plus the G5n stomp buttons added are way better than the G5 for live use. They are also adding new amps and effects every month on the G5n

It's pretty much a no brainer...

FYI - I saw a G5n used for $200 in the emporium this morning, but you should also be able to buy a new one for $250 as that is the street price now.

john lan

BOSS RESALE BETTER THEN ZOOM
Boss me 80 sounds the same quality wise with boss gt 100 and boss gt1
boss me 80 is the simple version of multifx , not that g5n is not simple

boss gt1 is much more complicated than boss g5n

if you are not in a hurry wait a couple of months to see what digitech will bring at namm:p

BillBee

<snip>

if you are not in a hurry wait a couple of months to see what digitech will bring at namm:p
I am hoping to see a blown out version of the RP360 -> RP1000 style with IR loading. Digitech are you out there?

$300 used for G5 is pretty steep too. But depending on where you live it might be cheaper to hunt Fleabay.

Loza

I am hoping to see a blown out version of the RP360 -> RP1000 style with IR loading. Digitech are you out there?

$300 used for G5 is pretty steep too. But depending on where you live it might be cheaper to hunt Fleabay.
No, I either buy new zoom g5n for 300usd from amazon, or used G5 for 167 usd.

Top Bottom