• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Advice for a first time guitar build

goflb31

I started out wanting to modify my pick ups then it quickly snowballed into go for a total build. My thoughts were way to ambitious at first. 1st guitar doing the works. so I took a step back and think I should start with a basic partscaster?

dk123123dk

Its kinda a crapshoot when it comes to building that magical guitar, but if you want a guitar that isn't available to you with the specs you want, you have to build it. Keep in mind there will be little to no resale value, so make sure its something that you think out well before you build. I would go with a guitar that you think will be your #1 for a lifetime. So plan accordingly. Good luck, its an addicting hobby!

dk

goflb31

what kinds of specs/mods are you thinking youd like to get?
I just bought a schecter hellraiser c1 wich I really like but prefer bolt on necks my main guitar before that was a Charvel model 4 that was my main guitar that didn't need a backup for about 23 years . Playing 1 electric and 1 acoustic just didn't cut it anymore. Now iv'e got the bug and I need another guitar. 2 diferent guitars I'd like to build I just played a fender american standard I really liked HSS sienna sunburst the single coils were great to create the classic strat sound the humbucker I would change. I didn't want a strat till they raised the price $400 (same giutar just pay alot more) and I thought I want to experiment more with the pu in my other guitar and why not try and build my own. A couple years back I jammed with a guy who had a partscaster that only cost him 200 and it rocked why should I spend 1500. After that guitar I want to build a guitar with the wolftrack body from usag. Piezo's are something I would like to have as well

goflb31

is this thread dead or any thoughts. For my 1st build I want to as much as possible myself minus finish and final set up I'll get help with that.

Trending Topics