Advice for making the most out of my JTM45's overdrive and distortion capabilities.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by michael.e, Jan 2, 2006.

1. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Hey!
    So I just picked up this little Reinhardt JTM45. I run it loud and clean into a pair of Blues via a Hotplate. Using the fantastic clean as my base, What would you reccomend as an overdrive and/or distortion device? I want something that will retain that touch sensitive, toneful clean sound, but with great crunch for rhythm with more sustain for lead work when I kick up the guitar volume.
    Thanks. M.E.

2. Slick51

Slick51 Colonel Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Northwest Corner of NC, 5 mi from MerleFest
    A Tim and a Texas Two Step (or a Tour Pro) does it for me...

Slick51

3. Sean Doty

Sean Doty Member

Another vote for the Tim...it was a match made in heaven with my JTM45 clone.

4. jockman

jockman Member

Can someone PLEASE tell me were to get info on the Tim, I cannot seem to find any info on it.

Jon

5. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Do you play single coils or humbuckers or someghing else?

I agree on the TIM recommendation. I would add the ProAnalog Power Driver to that list too - it loves my Germino Classic 45 which is a similar circuit. If you play single coils then the Sun Face set with medium gain will do the singing lead thing and cleans up to a beautiful clear crunch and sparkling cleans. Hmmm... let's see... Also consider a treble boost type circuit for that kind of amp - but preferably one that has a mid or full boost setting too... and my Lockhardt Tone Wizard is a cool germ boost too.

Chris

6. Benny

Benny Gold Supporting Member

If you can run the amp to get a little break-up, the COT 50 might be a good pedal to try, I think it responds great to guitar volume/pick attack changes.

7. Slick51

Slick51 Colonel Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Northwest Corner of NC, 5 mi from MerleFest
    Use the search here. Many info links there.

Slick51

8. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

Another vote for the TIM pedal.
    It works great with my Germino Classic 45 (JTM45 type amp)

9. Sol

Sol Member

michel e,
    I have a 50watt Marshall Lead and Bass, and I've found that a Marshall Bluesbreaker works really well with it. This is the first version that's no longer made,but easy to find on Ebay I should think.

It's a fairly low gain pedal, and just has that early Marshall sound to it.
    It's also been really reliable for me with nearly seven years hard work on it' I'm sorry if this pedal is all 'old hat' round here so be gentle with me ,I'm a newbie.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this place alot, rock on:dude

10. wgs1230

wgs1230 Fully Intonatable Silver Supporting Member

You could do worse than the Maxon SD-9 run with the gain & tone below 9 'oclock and volume set for boost. Definitely works with a tweed Bassman repro or Vox RI w/Blues, should be a solid fit with your '45.