Advice on an analog delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Uchison, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Uchison

Uchison Supporting Member

I own the Ad-900. That's the one pedal I have on my board ever since I bought it. There's only one minor problem. It runs on 12V, reverse polarity. My PP2 is the European version. So on tour I have to rely on a 1Spot. Unfortunately that's 9V.
    So I'm looking for an analog delay pedal that sounds similar and has more or less the same amount of delay. Never know how much delay-time I use. Ussually it's between 12 and 2'o clock.
    Sugestions? did I mention not too expensive.....;)

2. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

PP2 will work great for AD900, use ACA 12 V output and a reverse polarity cable :)

3. Uchison

Hmmm, I see that's it's not completely clear. I'll try to clarify things. I do own the AD900 and do use the PP2. That's perfect.
    What I wanted to ask tough is what to use when I'm on tour. Unfortunately, US and so many other countries use 110V instead of 220. My PP2 is 220V.
    So I'll either have to bring a transformer or have something that can use both power sources. The 1Spot does that, but only gives 9V.
    That's why I was asking if there a repacment for the AD900 that drives on 9V.
    I got an answer from analog Mike :dude...........thanks!!

4. michael dukes

michael dukes Member

If you like your rig as is, might it not make sense to just purchase a US voltage PP2 and just swap out power supplies depending on the continent?

5. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

The new Maxon AD9 is really good and runs off 9V, see my website for some info about how we tweek them. The T Rex replica comes with a cool power adaptor that works in any country, not analog but it sounds great and has the best tap tempo around.

Have fun!

6. Uchison

Buyong a new pedal is more fun :D

Thanks Analog Mike.

7. Uchison

Anyone tried the HBE Mimic analog delay? Reasonable priced and this could be something for me as well. Unfortunately the soundsamples are not there.
    The AD9 sounds as if the delay time is kind of shorter then what I ussually have...:(

8. dzeitlin

dzeitlin Member

Another vote for the Maxon AD-9. For a DIY mod (if you want omore than the 300ms supplied stock), you can open the pedal up and turn the trim pot on the right counter-clockwise to increase the delay time.

9. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

what about the BYOC delay? come on that would be kool, if you have the time to build one, if you dont they do pre-builds. its 9volts cent neg. modelled on the AD9.

Aj

10. Uchison

From what I've read on the site, it says digital delay. However they mention the same qualities an analog one would have..how's that possible?
    If the AD9 can be made longer....that really could be something.:rolleyes:

11. Uchison

Is the Red Repeat (Carl Martin) analog? Altough I didn't really like thes ound of the De Layla.....sold it...:confused:

12. thebot

thebot Member

Nope, digital according to a recent review I read.

13. abuloso

abuloso Member

how about the DLS echotap. I bought it assuming it was analog... was I fooled?

14. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

The BYOC is writen up wrong. it is analog. i will post in their forum!

15. Uchison

Hmmmmmmm.....:cool:

16. Uchison

It almost seems to me as if this a really good sounding digital pedal. Still looking for analog tough....

17. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

get a Diamond memory lane, I have one...its the best delay ever. Before that I had a Line 6 DL4 which I know use as a looper (replacing it with zvex lo-fi soon) and I have an echoczar on the way with an angelbaby, and plan on usingboth together when I get it!

18. Uchison

I have looked at that, but that comes again with a special adapter..so there I go again.
    Does anyone have a clip of a modded AD9??:JAM

19. Sid

Sid Member

the BYOC delay is analog??:Spank

20. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

AD-900 has 600ms of delay time. If your setting it between 12-2 then I'm assuming you're using between 300-500ms of delay time. The AD-9 has 300ms max. There's not much in the analog world that can reach above 300ms besides the Moog, Memory Lane, or the DMM. It would be much cheaper to simply pick up a 12v adapter that accepts 110v input (switchmode usually will). They're not hard to find, even in 220v countries. I have an AMS RPC921R 9v dapter that will accept 100-240v. Would work anywhere in the world.