Advice on Blockhead BLK100

pnorman

Hi folks,

I'm in Europe and I've got a chance to buy this amp...but it's 400 miles drive and I just don't have time for it. Did any of you actually play this amp and how would you rate it against, say, Germino headroom or Fillmore? I own Germino club 40 head and run it thru 212 and 412 greenback cabs and love it!

Another issue is the current owner let local tech throw in 230 V power transformer and he cannot remember even which brand it is. He is sort of a collector and probably not as much of a player. My understanding is PT would not make so much difference in tone but I'm happy to hear your opinion.

The amp has been for sale for quite some time and I think I could get it for good price. On the other hand, I'm drooling for Germino 100w heads as I know how good they are....! Yet very very hard to find here.

Thanks.

jpage

Suck it up and make the drive. If you don't and buy it sight unseen and it's a dog you'll be pissed. If you don't and you miss out you'll be pissed. If you do you'll appreciate it either way.

LesPaulMan

I have never played a BLK100, but do own and play a Blockhead Custom 50. It's one of the best sounding hot-rodded Marshall type amps I'ver heard. The build quality is top notch... I've never had a failure or any issue with the amp.

In my opinion, if the price is right, you can't go wrong with any Blockhead.

pnorman

Suck it up and make the drive. If you don't and buy it sight unseen and it's a dog you'll be pissed. If you don't and you miss out you'll be pissed. If you do you'll appreciate it either way.

Errr.....driving up there on Christmas eve and back the next day....that's the only possibility for now....oh decisions decision....

Trending Topics

Top Bottom