• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Advice on new Tremolo Pedal

msl5078

Gold Supporting Member
I've asked for advice on a few pedals before, and I have to say that I've been very happy with every pedal selection I've made from the advice from people on this forum, so thank you!

I am about to finish my pedalboard (for now) and want to pick up a tremolo pedal in the near future. I'm not a huge tremolo nut, but I am looking for something versatile that can cover any situation I might encounter with my cover band. We play anything from the 50's to current stuff depending on what or where we are playing. I also need something with a small footprint, something in a MXR box would be perfect.

I have been leaning torwards the JHS Honeycomb or the Mojo Hand FX bayou Trem. What would you recommend for a trem pedal to fit my need?

nl128

Gold Supporting Member
Best sounding trem with a small footprint out right now IMO is the Basic Audio Throbby

I tried it out with the tour box. if I didn't already have my diamond trem I'd buy the throbby in a second.

it's got a warm lush sound to it.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
If you weren't tied to an MXR size, the Voodoo Lab 4-knob is a cool choice. Very versatile and with depth off, the level can be used as a clean boost.
It has top loaded jacks, so for $80 (used) it could be a contender.
Don't dismiss the Boss TR2.

there are some great choice that are about to flood this thread, I'm sure. Even the ones mentioned in the OP are great.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Best sounding trem with a small footprint out right now IMO is the Basic Audio Throbby

I tried it out with the tour box. if I didn't already have my diamond trem I'd buy the throbby in a second.

+1! I sold my unobtanium Toneczar Powerglide after I got the Throbby.

CEFlint

While you're looking, check out the Suhr Jack Rabbit.
Lots of waveform options, boost/level, quarter, eighth and triplet subdivisions, tap tempo (built in or remote), small footprint and it just plain sounds fantastic.

love my tr2, my voodoo lab 4 knob was great, my joyo trem was just as good sounding as those too. if I really had to cut space I'm sure the malekko would be just great too.

deeohgee

The Throbby is a killer trem. It killed off a Redwitch Pentavocal, Catalinbread Paredolia, ZVex Sonar and a Jauernig Luxury Trem.

DaveKS

If you want a good cheap small builder pedal look at smiletone trem brulee, still has his sale going on, $97 shipped. Figured for that price I'll give it whirl, very nice, pleased as peaches with this little Xmas present for myself.
https://reverb.com/item/308600-smiletone-trem-broulee-2014-copper

Handsome too.
fd9c43a216c14028e7c6ebe3cdfbac0b_zps23bf7786.jpg

OverDrivenGtr

If you want something very affordable, I have a JMK Tremolo that sounds great. I have a line on a Flint, so I will let the other go for a steal.

2Q==

musica23

For the second time today...:aok

:agree

midwayfair

Because it needs to be brought up at least once in every tremolo thread: The Tr-2. It's a great starting point and can be had for a song.

MilwMark

Another TR-2 vote. Works great; sounds great. Versatile sounds, and they fixed the volume drop years ago.

ShawnH

I'm very happy with my Suhr Jack Rabbit. Small and very versatile. Sounds great to me.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom