Advice on what I'm working with? (My pedal board/amps,direction of chain, etc.)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Gwhit256, May 14, 2015.

1. Gwhit256

Gwhit256 Member

Hey guys so this is my first thread; I've been browsing online forums (mainly this one) for so long to try and sponge up a good amount of knowledge. Today was breaking point as far as boredom/loneliness with my pedalboard and an old SD-1 and HOG (both very recently acquired) that I went ahead and reset up my board not necessarily according to rules but what I think definitely sounds good. Then finally setup my account for like the fifth time on here. My guitar idol- jerry Cantrell/josh Homme. Yes that's two. So I have some teiscos tuned in c, some others a half step down, blah blah, here's some pictures so I can get feedback! [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Sorry it's upside down. I don't take pictures of everything I have because I'm trying to come out of the "gotta have this equipment to play" stage to "let's just play music already" phase. Hard with friends on nightshift. I also don't show all my amps/pedals because I think everyone should have a "trick" or two that isn't found on Google. heres my guitar for taking a beating, tuned in c, Cort "quintus" Cl200. No idea what the quintus comes from or means (other than the Latin numeral for 5). Great sounding/playing/feeling guitar.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Here's my favorite axe, a rare(?) matador ET-310

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

And then last but not least, the guitar I've owned for the longest (since 13-14?) i think it was spelled Sojing, maybe related to Yamaha (those travel guitars) nonetheless to me and my comrades this unwieldy beast is known as SKELETOR!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

And then the least "appealing" part of my setup (when it comes to price or look, I dig the tone), and also what I'd like opinions on, my current amp setup. This is from my last pedal (looper) and into pignose, pignose preamp out, into either ampeg b100 for vintage darker tones or into the kustom ktb16 for more punchy stuff. The ampeg is probably in the process of tearing. I love it. Can't believe people talk crap about that thing :(

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

It feels good to show others my stuff and not just my girlfriend (who does.not.care. Or my 17 month old (who cares too much with all daddy's stuff). Please post opinions/comments/questions, what you personally would do differently, etc. I'm not looking to change my tone to anyone else's taste it just never hurts to have more experience. I have a couple other variety of boss distortions, pw-2 and os-2. Both good enough in their own right for me to have a hard time selling. Also DOD flanger fx75b, a foot controller for hog, and boss slycer!!! Dang I just remembered the slycer. *sighs*

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  2. Gwhit256

Gwhit256 Member

Oh and sorry, forgot pedalboard picture isnt quite as easy to determine what's what; here is order from guitar to amp, electro harmonix OCTAVIX-->mxr 120 auto q-->boss sd1-->t1m blender pedal(which contains the following effects in this order) sub decay octasynth-->Dunlop way huge swollen pickle-->mxr phase 100 (vintage) AFTER EFFECT BLENDER-->DOD compressor 280-->electo harmonix HOG-->boss bass overdrive odb-3-->boss dm-3-->boss rc-2-->EH frequency analyzer-->amp. Whew.

3. Gwhit256

Gwhit256 Member

.....been ten years since this but well; bumpo

4. OilsFan

OilsFan Supporting Member

Not sure what advice you're looking for. Seems like you are going with what you like and that's exactly what you should do. If you play in a band you might consider what you need to accomplish that and put those pedals on a board in an organized way. Get rid of anything else or at least don't have it on your main board.

One side effect of committing to a neatly organized board is it forces you to focus on what pedals you really need to have on there because you'll mess the board up if you keep changing it.

5. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

How you gonna come in here asking for advice but not care enough to rotate the picture so it's not completely disorienting to look at?

6. Gwhit256

Gwhit256 Member

lol I figured yall wouldn't mind. I actually flipoed it on my phone but forgot to on here.

Oils fan; thanks for the compliment because i do feel i have almost got my sound down over the last year, and yeah that's one thing Im learning more and more with each jam session as far as practicality/being considerate to the other musicians etc.. And yeah I can't seem to always want the same thing but trust me my organization skills are up a ton from when I started haha.
    Here's something I could def use advice on; I have an old deluxe memory man that is out of commission more than id xare to pay to fix, and have talked with analog Alex who told me they would check it out and that I could perhaps get a free mod on a pedal of my choice. Based on that board what would you mod and why? I'm thinking just getting rid of the vintage hiss of the sd-1 or the odb-3 if possible which im waiting to hear back from them on. Any second opinions or comments/criticism? Thanks for the comments guys. I'm gonna flip the image around now though guess Im too n00b to edit my post (first go round).. And also that's why I put the order but edited!!

Last edited: May 15, 2015