Advise on Reverb purchase?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Pat6969, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Pat6969

Pat6969 Supporting Member

So I bought this Power Station. Description says it’s a Mint PS2 so I bought it. Gets here and it’s a PS1. As I look closer at the pics it is a PS1 but the title says PS2. It also showed up without the rubber feet and no power cord. Guy says I should have asked questions and declined my refund request. He says it clearly says PS1 but it says that on the rack mount piece, not the unit. My thoughts are it’s “not as described”. What do you guys think?

https://reverb.com/ca/item/32151297-fryette-ps-2-power-station-integrated-reactance-amplifier

2. PRSAtomic

PRSAtomic Supporting Member

He has an issue.

3. hstlaurent

hstlaurent Supporting Member

Fill a claim with reverb.

jtees4 likes this.
  4. walshb

walshb Member

He made it maybe through 3rd grade in school?

HeavyCream likes this.
  5. Meeotch

Meeotch Supporting Member

Yeah if his TITLE is inaccurate then he has no case. Item not as described, you're fine going straight to Reverb. Some people!

meterman, HeavyCream and rhinocaster like this.
  6. Zonk

Zonk Member

Ad says V2, I’d be demanding a healthy partial refund at the least if you even want to keep it, otherwise it’s clearly NAD.

7. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Supporting Member

Lol, are you talking about a Naughty seller? If so, then "What a maroon!" seems appropriate:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. jonnytexas

jonnytexas Member

F that. Not as described.

9. Pat6969

I put in a claim. Funny thing is the 2 and 1 are pretty close other than a couple features I won’t use. If he’d have sent me a power cord and the original feet, I’d have just kept it. He’s telling me the ad doesn’t say the cord and feet are included. Lol. Had he been a little more open and agreed to send me the cord and feet I’d have probably kept it, now I’m returning it because he’s purposely being dishonest!

Gallery and HeavyCream like this.
  10. Pat6969

Here’s another question. The guy is obviously a shyster. Looking at Reverb, if they decide in my favour I have to ship it back and he has to take receipt of it before I get a refund. What’s saying he doesn’t do something to it before I get a refund? Scratch it, dent it, something like that?

11. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

Couple of big differences that necessitate the correctly labeling of a FS ad IMHO.

12. Pat6969

I agree for sure. What I was saying is, had the guy been a little more apologetic and offered to send the feet I may have just kept it and been done with it rather than waste a bunch of my time repacking and shipping, since I don’t need those 2 features.

13. fiveightandten

fiveightandten Member

You take photos of it before you box it up. Video of it functioning properly as well.

14. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Supporting Member

Just my 2 cents: I would snap good pictures of it all around, but I wouldn't bother with a video of it period. I mean, the guy shipped the wrong unit, so whether functioning perfectly or DOA, it's still the wrong unit. A video would only give him fodder to argue that it's been "tampered" with --even tho it was the wrong unit-- and was somehow damaged it in the process from improper use or handling.

It's not hard to imagine other similarly flavored BS that a nut-job like that would come up with.

pete12string likes this.
  15. mvsr990

mvsr990 Supporting Member

Photos and a video aren't going to prove anything, don't bother. If you have a delivery confirmation (which Reverb's return label would provide), you're going to be fine. They'll side with you even if the guy claims it was damaged, since he's obviously in the wrong on the listing itself.

It may not even go directly to him, if he purchased the label through Reverb. I shipped a guitar to a guy just before a hurricane hit his area - it bounced around for a week or two before it ended up at Reverb HQ in Chicago because that's the return address on labels, they had to find it and send it to me.

16. BlueRiff

BlueRiff Member

From under which rocks do these sellers crawl? Moron.

17. meterman

meterman Member

I'm sure you have but better screencap that ad in case he takes it down

18. Fishermike

Fishermike Member

Questions that seller thinks you should have asked:

“Are you really selling what you say you’re selling?”
    “Is it really in the condition that you claim it’s in?”
    “No, seriously, hate to bug, but are you going to send me the whole thing, or just some of it?”

Ugh. What a tool. Good luck getting this taken care of to your satisfaction. Please let us know how it goes.

19. fiveightandten

fiveightandten Member

Personally, I’ll always choose to have that as an option in my back pocket over not having it. It’s not something you have to use or mention, but in the event that Reverb asks the question, at least you’d have something concrete to fall back on, vs not having that option.

bluejazzoid likes this.
  20. Don A

Don A Silver Supporting Member

I bought a Mesa Express 10" combo that was listed as a 12" on Reverb. I received a pretty large partial refund due to this error.

I think Reverb's auto fill for item descriptions helped cause my issue and possibly yours. It's too easy to select the first thing they come up with as you're typing your description. In fact, I had previously sold a Mesa Express 10" combo and their autofill came up with 12" (which I corrected for my ad). Still, it's the seller's responsibility to correctly describe the item.

BTW, in my case, I took the refund because I didn't want to return the amp due to it being packed very poorly. All shipping materials would have to have been replaced. I don't ship amps.