Aerosmith influence? The Guess Who - Heartbroken Bopper

SurfGreenTele

From '72...main riff is definitely similar to Last Child...either way, I love both songs. :phones

Burton Cummings says:

"Oh, I don’t know, they were pretty huge already when Bopper came out. I showed up late for the practice and the guys had already worked out the riff, and I just started singing over it. If Aerosmith did steal from it, I don’t hear it."

Last edited:

coltranemi2012

Silver Supporting Member
That actuallly sounds like a bunch of Brad Whitford stuff. Like the opening reminds me of round and round. So maybe Brad was listening to them a lot then and got influenced through osmosis

major-minor

Silver Supporting Member
Always loved this song, AND Last Child.

Never thought much about the two sounding alike, just love that driving vibe that both songs create.

As with "Back In Black ", the volume control must be turned WAY UP ------until the song's completion.

townsend

Yeah, I could well imagine Steven Tyler's voice singing the lead vocal. It would fit right in the Aerosmith canon of songs. The only thing it was missing were nice, "dirty" pentatonic/blues solos courtesy of Joe or Brad.

Papanate

I would say that maybe Jack Douglas was the man who 'borrowed' the idea.
Last Child has a similar mix to Bopper. I'm hearing it in the drums and how
simliar the vocal phrasing is between the two songs.

Cummings...don't know what he's talking about - Bopper - 1972 / Last Child -1976.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom