Affordable Bass cab suggestions for Punk Rock gig

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by bullet6759, Apr 1, 2015.

1. bullet6759

bullet6759 Silver Supporting Member

Hi Guys I have a Chance to play Bass in a punk band. I will use a 67 silver Face Bassman as my amp any suggestions on an afordable cab that will keep up with a loud drummer this is new to me . Thank You.

2. crackbass

crackbass Supporting Member

Peavey 215D BW. Surprisingly good cab for absurdly cheap.

[​IMG]

3. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Senior Member

Excellent suggestion - huge bang for the buck, and they sound pretty good, too...

- georgestrings

5. TomRichards

TomRichards Member

Do you mean just the cab or a combo amp? I'd say go Hartke HyDrive combo amp for the whole shebang, as you get a nice combo of power, frequency spectrom and clarity. If its just a cab, the Hartke HyDrives either the 4X10 or the 1X15 are nicely there, depending on how much attack you want.

My main stage rig for years has been all Hartke, and my most recent, which is going on nearly a decade, is the LH500 head with a HyDrive 4x10 cab. I'm known mostly for punk, having come out of the NYC/CBGBs scene in the late '80s, so my rig has to cut it.

The guitar player for the punk band the Trash Mavericks really liked the tone and sound I got at one of our last gigs, so much so that he had his bass player use my rig for his set as well.

Otherwise, if you are going low price, anything in the Carvin MB series does well.

6. bullet6759

bullet6759 Silver Supporting Member