African Woman on Guitar playing nontraditionally

Lotis

Gold Supporting Member
I love it too! You can't stop the urge to play no matter what the circumstances.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I thought it was pretty ordinary till she started rolling her hands around.

I wish she'd been smiling, but then, I wonder what her life is like.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
I thought it was pretty ordinary till she started rolling her hands around.

I wish she'd been smiling, but then, I wonder what her life is like.
huh?

look at 1:00 in. he/she/? is trying to hold back giggling.

Bobby D

amazing.........please also dig my friend Yvan Abgo fron Senegal:

i used to hire him to play guitar behind me.....he did now know tOm Petty from TOm Waits.....did not need to know "what key"......he just PLAYS.

bon tout papa!!!!

Bobby D

damn.......watching that "little wing" clip again reminds me what a MONSTER he is. it was a good thing he had MERCY on me at my gigs. he coulda tore me up on acoustic guitar :YinYang

i really like the griots from mali, hi-life music, all sorts of stuff from africa...

jjboogie

amazing.........please also dig my friend Yvan Abgo fron Senegal:

i used to hire him to play guitar behind me.....he did now know tOm Petty from TOm Waits.....did not need to know "what key"......he just PLAYS.

bon tout papa!!!!

NICE!!!!

GA20T

Was a little pitchey for me ...
Not sure it was the right song choice
Could have used more Dumble as well, or perhaps even a Two Rock and a Klon. I'd be willing to bet that a Collings or an R9 would have stayed in tune better...:worried;)

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
So the description, "Retarded ..." didn't offend anyone? That says a lot.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
So the description, "Retarded ..." didn't offend anyone? That says a lot.
Didn't notice it actually, which suprises me. I guess I just say the thread title and clicked into the in-line video. But in general, I try not to spend too much time being offended by stupid morons. If I did, I probably wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning.
-
Austin

Neer

Hmm, I didn't notice it either--I guess I got caught up on the word "lady", because I know he is a man. Can't imagine anyone would be so dumb to actually put that in the title, though. Geez.

French Fry

On a trip to senegal about fifteen years ago, I heard the sounds of a guitar through a small PA somewhere. Decent strumming, and I thought, "hey, maybe I can show someone a thing or two" ( i was 22 and cocky! )

I wandered around until I found it and chatted the locals up a bit. They handed me the guitar, which was missing 2 strings and tuned to "I have no clue".

Apparently I was not able to show them anything!
Really good life lesson that day!

jjboogie

On a trip to senegal about fifteen years ago, I heard the sounds of a guitar through a small PA somewhere. Decent strumming, and I thought, "hey, maybe I can show someone a thing or two" ( i was 22 and cocky! )

I wandered around until I found it and chatted the locals up a bit. They handed me the guitar, which was missing 2 strings and tuned to "I have no clue".

Apparently I was not able to show them anything!
Really good life lesson that day!

:agree

Trending Topics