Agile AD2300

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by edwarddavis, Dec 27, 2009.

1. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

Just got one , $259 .00 thank you China. I hate to say it , very cool , decent guitar. Nice finish , trans cherry like a you know what . plays great . I tweaked it hear and there but stock out of the box a great cool p90 guitar .

may get another p90 one to throw a try out some pickups .
    great guitar for the money . I know you guys know.

No, its not a Koll or a giffin or even a Gibson but a nice guitar that I will play out

2. bluesking55

bluesking55 Supporting Member

Agile and Sx are not liked i guess here in the rich folk. I love the necks and own 2 Sx's, 1 tele and ! w/strat w/ p-90's!!!
    Im 54 and back when there wasnt nothing like what is available today

3. scuzzo

scuzzo Member

just ride it man... dont worry the snobsome tude these are great little guitars and when you throw a few up grades at them they are giant killers.. mho.. i have a whole stack of rondo fire wood and really dig every one of um.. its just wood wires and some silly magnets.. enjoy the ride..

4. dspellman

dspellman Senior Member

I really like those 2300's (pics below). That's on the list for this year. I'm interested in knowing what the P90's on them are like. I've got one old (1949) P90 for reference, and I can easily be persuaded to buy a pair of the brand new Kinman noiseless P90's just to try them out.

They also have the 201 series (singlecut "specials"), but those have the combination bridge/tailpiece wraparounds. I think I'd rather have the separate tailpiece/bridge setup.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. edwarddavis

this is the one I got , very cool guitar , the pickups are ok, seem to be lacking as much ,mids as I would like but not all that bad , put it on a great od and it sounded great ,may throw new pickups in
    but all in all great guitar

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Try raising the pickups. Since the polepieces are metal, not actual magnets (unlike strat pickups) they can be kept very close to the strings without causing problems. Should get you more/fatter output.

7. Imiss85

Imiss85 Member

I had one, killer guitar. Still have an al3000, but agiles are made in korea, not china.

8. blueshawk1

blueshawk1 Member

Congrats to op, HNGD & Enjoy!

I've always liked the looks of the 2300, but I knew I wouldn't like the control setup, but when they came out with the 201 (which I also liked the looks of when I saw it), I got one of those because the controls were more like what I personally prefer. Here's a pic for those wondering what the difference is;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  9. mslmg

mslmg Member

Did you get the wide neck model?

10. edwarddavis

No , I wanted to but my wife ordered the other one which is fine but I would like the wide neck one which may happen soon . They are just cool guitars though . Well worth the money , needed a few tweaks but nothing terrible as far as adjustment goes . Looks great . Got to get motivated and swap pickups then we will see what it sounds like but as is not bad in fact great with a OD pedal.

11. bluesking55

bluesking55 Supporting Member

The pickup routes on these and the sx's are shallow, anything other than stock p-90's wont fit cause of depth issues

Im saying that cause i had 2 SX's LP shape and my lace sensors p-90s were to deep for the route, Im only assuming the same for the agile, Fralin noiseless p-90s will fit in the shallower holes, if someone could take out 1 of the pickups on the agile, we all would know

12. mslmg

mslmg Member

The wide neck version is on my acquisition list for 2010.