Agile AL-3000

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by S.A.M., Jan 29, 2008.

1. S.A.M.

S.A.M. Member

Anyone have any experience with these? Are they any good? Hows the factory set up?

2. ghoti

ghoti Member

No experience with that exact model, but Agiles all tend to be great deals. Mine plays well and was setup OK...I think I want to get it setup for lower action, but everything else is decent.

They feel fine and well-constructed. Acoustically they're not bad either. The electronics aren't too bad.

Lots of guys who have them love them...what I will say is that they're better than their competition.

3. S.A.M.

S.A.M. Member

I mainly looking for a back up guitar. I've been looking at the Spalted Maple AL-3000. That or a Tele.

4. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

I've had several Agiles and still have my P-90 Gold Top and it's a great guitar. It's an older model with the old style headstock. The one I wish I still had was a swamp ash with a gorgeous swamp ash top. That was a nice Les Paul style giutar.

5. defaultoprime

defaultoprime Member

I've got an old LP2500... beautiful flamed cherry burst... original headstock... full horn... nice action... heavy... it does the Les Paul thing very very well... since I'm a strat guy, I keep it around as a hedge against any GAS that might crop up which would have me considering the purchase of a real Les Paul... which I'd probably end up not playing anyway...

6. duaneallen

duaneallen Member

Where are they made? Are they heavy?

7. MetalHeadd

MetalHeadd Member

Agiles are Korean made, on par with the likes of a lot of LTDs and Schecters. They're on the heavy side, not weight relieved like the current Gibson standards. I played a number of them when Rondo still had a store in NJ, and they're a real nice value for the money. Nice fretwork, decent electronics, and a nice nut, which is a real breath of fresh air at that price point.

My only issue with these is the fingerboard radius...it's something like 13.7" or something like that, so the tuneomatic is not quite your standard 12"...could be difficult to replace down the road.

8. Mudder

Mudder Member

I understand the Agiles are actually made in the same factory as Schecter, which produces some real solid instruments. I had an AL-3000 that I swapped out all the electronics. The pots and switches are just alright, the pickups aren't bad but not terrific. For a platform to upgrade the finish work is usually really good. And Rondo Music is solid about returns if you have any problems.

9. southpawmax

southpawmax Member

I have been toying with the idea of getting one to quell any LP gas I occassionally get and just get an RS kit and maybe some Seth Lovers or something, so I am interested int his aswell. They seem like they would be a good deal for the money. Does anyone know if they are infact solid mahogany and not "mystery wood"?

10. maggles

maggles Member

Check out the Michael Kelly Patriots. I have a Custom. Also great quality for the price.

Andy

11. defaultoprime

defaultoprime Member

mine is actually mahogany with a maple cap... what they're making them out of these days I don't know...