Ahoy all computer recordists, Drum sample group buy, ends soon!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Simon Gee, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Simon Gee

Simon Gee Member

I'm guessing there must be a few people here like me who use DAWs and need good drum samples, so I just thought I'd point this out, there's a group buy on a selection of the apparently excellent Ocean Way Drums (recorded at that studio by some legendary dude with some legendary gear), plus some Sonic Reality Drum Masters kits. Some very good sounding demos at the group buy site and at the Ocean Way site.

If anyone doesn't know about group buys, a product (usually software based) is offered for sale, with price points that drop the more people who sign up. So you join, committing yourself to pay the beginning price, knowing it will probably end up being less. And then there are usually extra bonuses if it goes higher still.

Its reached it's lowest level, $99 and there's some bonuses like extra kits and stuff now that its reached 400 (and is on its way to 500). Like a collection of non 4/4 drum midi files from odd grooves which appeals to me, and extra kits etc.

I haven't jumped on board yet but I'm pretty sure I will. Its the only time time the Ocean Way people will allow their sounds to be used and purchased this way. They sound pretty damn fine to me.

There's a long thread at KVR (which is a forum for computer based instruments and effects), with lotsa fascinating stories from the legendary 'Squids" of working with lotsa big name muso dudes. Funny guy. Definitely worth a read, and a listen, but it ends this month. So only a few days left.

The thread at KVR about the group buy is this:
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=270855&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The group buy page is this:
    http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4118&refcode=USDKVR

(And if you do jump in and buy, you can refer me (SimonGregory), and we both get 5 "epoints" for future discounts!)

2. Simon Gee

Simon Gee Member

Hmm, maybe I'm in the minority around here when it comes to playing guitar, as well as using a computer to put together entire songs, including keys, vocals, drums and stuff...

This is a good deal for anyone wanting top quality drum sounds at a damn fine price. looks like hitting 500 buyers so an extra kit will be included if so. Finishes in a few days (actually there's talk of extending it a week but it's not confirmed)

So a wee bump in case there's other people like me here who could use this.

3. Ah Xoc Kin

Ah Xoc Kin Member

Everyone in the group buy just got another Drum Masters 2 Multitrack kit normally worth $50.

4. Lublin

Lublin Senior Member

Do these sounds work on Ableton line 7?

5. Simon Gee

Simon Gee Member

they should, they run in the Kontakt Player which is a free VST/AU plugin. You can actually download the Kontakt Player form Native instruments to make sure.

This sound library runs in that, or the full (and not free) Kontakt if you have that

I'm sure it would be no problem, but maybe try it out on your system first if you're unsure.

and if anyone wants to see how good a guy playing drums with his fingers on a keyboard can be, watch this... (its the guy who basically did the sampling etc for this product)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXI-iC84VhM
    its just a vid cam mic, so the sound is not the best but the mad skillz are... mad!

6. Ah Xoc Kin

Ah Xoc Kin Member

That's a cool video. He should do a tutorial for dummies :)
    I'm looking forward to using these sounds.

7. Hamp

Hamp Member