Ahoy!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tune-O-Matic, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Tune-O-Matic

Tune-O-Matic Member

I've been lurking here for a while now. Seems like a decent place so I thought I'd make a formal introduction.

I've been playing ever since Ed Sullivan announced "Ladies and gentlemen, The Beatles!". The very next day, I traded a fishing rod and reel for an old Epiphone archtop a friend had hanging up in his garage. (I wish I still had it.)

My first decent guitar was a Hagstrom III and an Ampeg Jet. Not long after I got that, a local pawn shop had a used Sonic Blue Strat that was slightly beat up (it would be called a relic these days and yes, I wish I still had it). The owner of the shop was more than willing to trade it for my shiny new Hagstrom.

Since then, I've had more guitars and amps than I can count on both hands a feet combined. Mostly Fenders, but a few Gibsons also. Although I do like Gibsons, I've since come to the conclusion that I like the idea of playing Gibson a lot more than the actual playing of a Gibson. I get bored with them very quickly it seems; kind of like the pretty girl with no personality. It's Fenders all the way for me.

My current line-up is a '57 Thin Skin Strat, a '59 Thin Skin Strat, a '55 Thin Skin Tele (can you tell I like the Thin Skins?) and a Martin 000-28. I use a Fender '57 Deluxe amp and recently picked up a Princeton Reverb reissue.

I don't gig anymore but wouldn't mind getting together once in a while with some people of my own age group to make some noise.

2. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

3. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

5. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member