Aiken Invader vs. Bogner Duende

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by wrxplayer, Dec 17, 2009.

1. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

I'd love to hear from people who have significant experience with either amp and even better from those who have played both. Thanks.

2. mattmccloskey

mattmccloskey Supporting Member

I have an early mark 1 invader combo.

I owned a duende for a few months.

They are quite different amps. The duende is a channel switcher and the aiken is a Non-master volume marshall-based design.

I prefer the sound overall of the Invader. It has a slightly larger footprint, and also a bigger overall sound. I think the Invader is a true, conservatively rated 18 watts. I have an alnico gold in mine, so it can get very loud.

The duende felt a little underpowered to me. I also had trouble getting a good balance between the channels, in terms of volume and tonal 'space' in the mix. I felt the overdrive was great but a little too swampy onstage, and I wanted more upper mid bark from it.

Both cool amps, but pretty different. The Invader with a couple pedals is a much better fit for me than the duende.

3. cbguy

cbguy Green & Gold Supporter

I love my Duende. Haven't played through an Invader. I use the Duende with a volume pedal and a tuner and that's about it.

4. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

No experience with the Invader but I love my Duende. Super cool amp. Very warm sounding amp and really sweet. I dig it a bunch.

5. spence

spence Member

I'm on my second Invader. It's a great sounding amp and loves my Klon pushing it. I don't find it has enough clean headroom on it's own for a live clean sound, but with the right clean boost it would probably work just fine (I use a different amp for cleans). I don't consider it a "do it all" amp, but it's right at home as a rock & roll amp. The extra features are really nice to have too.