air norton vs paf pro??breed vs lynch screamin demon?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by takis, May 14, 2008.

1. takis

takis Member

aftes some days of search i m between this 4 pickups.
    can anyone that use them tell me what i ll have with each pickup?
    ok i read what site of dimarzio is saying but i want something from the ..users here..
    i ll put them in one ibanez rg 550 '91 with maple neck!

thanks

takis:BEER

2. swimrunner

swimrunner Member

air norton / paf pro are both great pickups, air norton's a bit warmer and rounder while the paf pro is a bit more balanced with slightly more output. either's great for that guitar on paper.

bridge i'd recommend a breed or tone zone (both have lots of weight, warmth, and crunch). the lynch screamin' demon is a bit... unique (not a bad thing though) and designed for an all-maple guitar, while the dimarzios are eq'd more towards basswood. the stuff john petrucci uses (steve's special or d-sonic in the bridge) is also a solid option, particularly if you lean more towards modern/progressive metal tones as opposed to 80's hard rock/metal.

air north/breed or paf pro/tone zone is about as good as it gets for an RG 550... great shred tone, and cool guitar. pics?

3. takis

takis Member

4. takis

takis Member

you are saying that paf pro has more output but i saw that paf pro has 8,4 dc and air norton 12,58 dc!from dc we can see the output or not?

5. swimrunner

swimrunner Member

dc resistance =/= output, although in general guitars with higher dc resistance tend to be warmer/fatter/more powerful. there's a lot of other variables in pickup design though, which is why it's not an absolute. the dimarzio website uses another gauge for measuring output; the air norton is 270 while the paf pro measures at 300 (not exactly sure what the unit they use is, but they know their stuff).

that's an absolutely sexy guitar btw.

6. takis

takis Member

thanks man..:RoCkIn