Aiwa Exos-9...anybody here have one and/or tried with a modeler?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by quantech, Apr 13, 2016.

1. quantech

quantech Member

I've seen pretty much nothing but rave reviews on this "mighty" portable speaker on Amazon and YouTube and would really like to find a portable, battery-powered (rechargeable) yet not anemic sounding speaker to use with my Amplifire for spontaneous mid-volume jam sessions both indoors and outdoors and also for just jamming/practicing at home at reasonable volume levels.

I'm not delusional (lol not much anyway), so I know it's going to be loud enough to hang with a full acoustic drum set and a bassist by any means or is going to be able to rattle the windows or replace a guitar cab, combo amp or powered PA speaker with a 10" or 12" driver, but for the above mentioned uses, if anyone here has any first-hand use with this speaker and any decent modeler, could you share your thoughts? Would this do as well as say a 6"/8" powered studio monitor? Everyone raves about how loud the thing is and how much bass it can handle and put out without distorting. Seems like it would make a great practice/intimate setting jamming speaker solution based on reviews and clips that are out there.

2. Elantric

Elantric Silver Supporting Member

I have an Aiwa Exos9 it's ok For a bedroom

Rather like a mini Firehawk 1500 Speaker array

But Roland Cube Street EX goes louder at gig volume

So do a pair of TC Helicon Voice Solo FX150s

3. Nick Shephard

Nick Shephard Member

You should have a listen to a Yamaha THR10 going into the aux input with your Amplifire. Amazing little amp plus the built in modelling is also great. Yamaha market this as a "3rd amp", well worth checking out.