Aledort and Harington and Fig, Oh My!!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by rdamato, Mar 7, 2015.

1. rdamato

rdamato Supporting Member

Yes boys and girls. My wife and I decide to go out for a drink last night at The Ramsey Country Club (Non-Members) and as we walk in, we hear a band playing downstairs in the ballroom. Eileen say's, "There must be a wedding going on", to which I say, "Ain't no wedding band that tight in the universe"!!

So, we walk downstairs and lo and behold, The Sidemen are tearing it up!! Got there two songs in to the evening so we were able to enjoy them for several hours.

Scott Sharrad, Andy and Jon on guitars, Shawn Murray on drums, Dennis Metzler on bass, Mike DiMeo on keys, and J.P. Patrick on harp and lead vocals. Halfway through the first set, they introduce Anton Fig! Great drummer.

They played a great mix of R&B classics, Steely Dan, The Stones, The Allman Brothers and more.

Best $40.00 I've spent in a while.

2. Andy Aledort

Andy Aledort Member

Very glad you dug it rdamato! We had a blast! Two more shows coming up at the beginning of june, June 2 at the Landmark on Main St in Port Washington and June 4 at Mexicali Blues in Teaneck. We've got the great Audley Freed coming up from Nashville plus Andy Hess, Will Carter, the Uptown Horns and most likely a few other great players...gonna be great and hope you can make one of them!

3. Dexter.Sinister

Dexter.Sinister Still breathing Gold Supporting Member

THAT sounds like all kinds of fun! Wish you all found yer way down here.

4. bobmc

bobmc Supporting Member

...mental note: cancel anything important for Friday morning June 5th...

5. leftyaxeman

leftyaxeman Member

Mexicali Blues in Teaneck, I'm there!!