Alesis Midiverb II...assistance needed

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by trushack, Feb 25, 2008.

1. trushack

trushack Member

Yo!

Just bought myself an untested Alesis Midiverb II with no power supply for less than the price of a tank of gas. I already have an Alesis adapter that I was pretty sure would fit, so I took the risk.

Well, the poor girl isn't working. I plug in the power supply and everything lights up and the buttons respond appropriately, but no sound comes through. When I turn the Output knob all the way up I do get a sudden onset of mild humming in about the last 1/8 of the control range. Also, the overload light is constantly lit, while the green signal light doesn't responds at all. It happens regardless of which of the two input jacks I'm plugged into.

Any ideas?

2. WarofGhosts

WarofGhosts Member

What are the power requirements for the Midiverb II? What is the power output volts and milliamps of the adaptor? Is the adaptor AC or DC?

3. WarofGhosts

WarofGhosts Member

Just found it 9VAC, 1Amp. If your power adaptor isn't 9vac and 1amp or greater that may be your problem.

4. trushack

trushack Member

Yup, I tried running a 9VAC, 830mA Alesis power supply into it. Talking with some other folks about, the theory is that while 830mA is pretty close to 1A, it could still cause a fault like the one I'm experiencing (not to mention being bad for the power supply anyway). I ordered an aftermarket 9VAC 1A power supply...I'll guess we'll see if that works!

Thanks!

5. RanaldoNecro

RanaldoNecro Member

Anyone want to comment on this piece of gear?

I am thinking about picking one up...

6. RanaldoNecro

RanaldoNecro Member

7. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

same again, the MVII is similar to a lot of other alesis stuff, has to be AC, and needs a lot of juice to get it running.
    I have an MV4 which suffers the same problems. The only adapter I've got for it is an old British one I have to use a converter with (in mainland europe). It lights up with other adapters, but no sound unless i use the hulking old British 12V 1.8 amp one.