Alesis Nanoverb?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by feloniuspunk, Aug 22, 2005.

1. feloniuspunk

feloniuspunk Member

2. drolling

drolling Member

Not to be confused with Alesis' higher end product, this Chinese made multi-effector's reverb algorhythms are not as good as the ones found in their microverb and IMO the flange/chorus/rotary sims are dreadful. Sterile sounding digital delay and very limited tweakablity (one parameter) of all presets.

That having been said, I do own one, but only use the hall/room reverbs, altho' some do like the simulated spring reverb as well.

3. Stopgo

Stopgo Member

How's the microverb? Any other units like these that you'd recomend for HQ time based fx?

sorry to highjack :)

4. Bonedance

Bonedance Member

I have a micro verb I bought used for $25.00 and a Midi Verb ll I paid $40 for used. Both of these units are excellent for various reverb tones. The ll has 99 presets of various sorts.....chorus, flange, delay, gated verbs, etc. I onlu use one setting for my guitar amp ( as with the micro ) and dialed in correctly, they both sound very good.

The nice thing is, you can pick these up cheap at pawn shops etc. I go between the midi, micro and holy grail for verb on my verbless amp. They all sound good.

5. ddeand

ddeand Member

I found the Nanoverb to be pretty harsh and shallow sounding - I didn't feel that it captured the spring reverb sound very well. As far as reverb pedals, I still think the Holy Grail is best. A good, cheap alternative to the Nanoverb is the ART MR-1. I would not buy either the Nano or the MR-1 new - they can be had cheaply.

Dean

6. pepeteus

pepeteus Member

I have one that I used for many years as my only delay/reverb unit in the effects loop of my amp. Now I use a Line6 Echo Park 'cause I wanted simplicity and to have all the pedals in the pedal board. Somehow I like the sound of the Nanoverb more than the Echo Park.

I think Nanoverb is a good unit, especially for the price. I don't find it harsh sounding for a digital reverb/delay. I doubt that many will hear any difference in the middle of the gig or rehearsals to the much more expensive units. At least if all you need is some basic delay and reverb. Chorus is decent, but I think that the leslie sim is pretty good. The flanger is unusable.

7. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

I had never heard of the Picoverb until a friend told me about it. It has NO adjustable parameters other than mix, but its 28 bit vs. 18 bit in the Nanoverb. I wonder if this translates to better sound quality? Anyone tried one?

John

8. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

I own 2 (bought one new, the other used). Not crazy about all the patches, but I found a hall setting that sounded absolutely great with my acoustic rig (Rane AP-13, 2 ART Tube EQ's).

I'm also using it in my smaller pedalboard (one of the plates) and it's definitely a few steps up from the Boss pedals.

Haven't tried the Holy Grail yet, but due to space issues, the Alesis is perfect (fits under the shelf on my board with a small loop pedal).

Brett

9. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

A/B-ed the various Alesis-verb units (below $150.00) and found the Picoverb to do it--"it" meaning provide no-brainer reverb. It really did sound more natural that the the other inexpensive Alesis reverbs: not as grainy or artificial. Perfect for casual reverb needs.