Alesis Wedge Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ivo, May 31, 2015.

1. Ivo

Ivo Member

Anyone own/used to own one of these? I'm a diehard fan of the Quadraverb. Something about those old slurry and grainy alesis reverbs really does it for me. Anyway, I'm thinking of buying an old alesis wedge off the bay or something and would love to read opinions on it. They seem to be found for pretty cheap and could be fun to mess with! :D

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. deadlands

deadlands Member

An ex-gf of mine had one. I thought it was really cool. It doesn't have all the features of the Quadraverb, but the reverbs sound very similar to the reverbs on the Q2. I too love the Quadraverb reverbs and I think the Wedge definitely does it justice. plus, it's much more pedalboard friendly.

Ivo likes this.
  3. emkbop

emkbop Member

I still use my Wedge with my acoustic. I got it from GuitarCenter when they were blowing them out for $99. Truth be told, it sat around my basement for a few years until I came upon it and tried it again. Hey... This sounds pretty good. Mfg sticker on the bottom: 9-12-97

4. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Supporting Member

I have 2 but it's been so long since I've used them I don't even remember how. I think about getting rid of one or both but just haven't. I don't even know what one is worth.

5. meowmers

meowmers Member

Dang it's Reverb Week at TGP here.

I have the Nanoverb which I still use on the mixing board. These things don't die although a knob is crackling.

Small, cheap, and does what it does

6. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

make sure you test the impulse button ...mine sounds like a thunderstorm when you tap the
    tempo

Ivo likes this.
  7. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

Aren't those based on the MidiVerb II with the bloom presets? The only thing I would check is to see if the "swirl" parameter is available. IMO, that modulation makes the Alesis sound.

8. Dubious

Dubious Member

Ive got one. Its pretty noisey but i run it at 100% wet on a second amp fed by a volume pedal. The glimmer setting is amazing. Sometimes i use a nano verb and lately ive been experimenting with the verbs from guitar rig, but the wedge is my fave. Paid 35 for it.

Ivo likes this.
  9. Ivo

Ivo Member

Thanks all! Found one in pretty swell condition. Should get to me by next week. The plan is to integrate it into my pedalboard (if I have the space!). Curious how noisy it is compared the Quadraverb, which I've used for years.

10. Dubious

Dubious Member

it's def noisey!