Alessandro Black 'n Tan Arrives!!

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
Ruby KT66 STR made in China from kcanostubes. I almost mistakenly bought some NOS for $400. Now I wonder if I should've gone for it. Let us know what you find out.

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
I'm dying to hear/see clips or vids of the BnT -
Hi George! I sent you an email regarding my new amp. Regarding clips- I've got a few done and am editing/sorting the video clips to choose the ones that best represent the amp. As you know, it's tough to capture dynamics of a versatile amp on a handycam.

Cheers,

Khan.

glman

Great sounding amp - quite similar to my bluetick actually - I love it !
if you've played a bluetick - can u describe any differences ?

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Great sounding amp - quite similar to my bluetick actually - I love it !
if you've played a bluetick - can u describe any differences ?
I actually have not played the Bluetick. I would imagine it has more volume and more headroom and an overall very similar gain structure. I have heard on-line clips and they sound fantastic.

Question about your English & Bluetick amps: Since the each run a quartet of tubes in the poweramp section, can you remove two of the power tubes and cut the wattage/output in half?

dbeeman

Platinum Supporting Member
I actually have not played the Bluetick. I would imagine it has more volume and more headroom and an overall very similar gain structure. I have heard on-line clips and they sound fantastic.

Question about your English & Bluetick amps: Since the each run a quartet of tubes in the poweramp section, can you remove two of the power tubes and cut the wattage/output in half?
yes, and adjust the output impedence selector

glman

I've never tried it but im almost certain it cant be done - I''ll ask George about that though

Trending Topics