Alessandro Bluetick Arrives - Pictures

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by glman, Apr 6, 2008.

1. glman

glman Member

Awsome sounding tone machine - Perfect Blues amp for small / medium sized clubs.

I already have a high end English so here are some quick observations .
    The English has a slightly deeper more extended bottom end on the cleans - almost like a pull deep switch and also is more chimey.the Bluetick cleans are fuller and also quite chimey but the bottom end is tighter and the mids are more pronounced - it feels like you're playing 009's with the English and 0010's with the Bluetick.
    the OD sound of the English also feels like 9's when compared to the Bluetick.
    the Bt is thicker and Ballsier than the English - the English is sweeter and smoother than the Bluetick but that could be cause I'm using EL34 Winged "C"'s in the Bt - maybe with 6V6's the tick will smooth out but I prefer the raunchier thicker OD of the Bt to the English . The English will stay in the family as it's still a Wonderful amp.
    I'll post pics and clips soon - BTW the BT is all Flame maple with birdseye front - beautiful. - I also got two 1x12 flame maple speaker cabs - Cel blue spkr.
    I don't want to rave on the first day but this amp is everything I hoped it would be and more!!!! honestly - it's a wonderful all rounder and is my perfect blues amp - Perfect!!!!!!
    George Alessandro is a great amp builder and a wonderful guy to deal with - an absolute gentleman - I'll be his customer for life.
    this is my second purchase from him and I'm totally satisfied in every way.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
    Dexter.Sinister likes this.
  2. glman

glman Member

This is without a doubt a " great " amp - for small to medium size clubs this amp is perfect. - it doesn't have lots of clean headroom for very loud stuff but it's more than enough for most applications and with the muzzle it's great for playing at home - but not in an apartment.
    For semi overdrive - on the edge sounds it's ridiculous!- Thick Fat OD and bell like cleans all controlled by the guitars volume pot - I'll try to do a small video clip this weekend - in the meantime here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. glman

glman Member

anyone tried 6L6 in this amp?

4. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

5. hubberjub

hubberjub Silver Supporting Member

I'd buy it just for the cabinet. It looks great.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

nope,

but would think it'd be smoother, but just as big sounding as the EL34's. but i'm sure you'd still be saying fat and bell like. ;)

and swEET lookin' amp. love the birdseye.

7. deeval

deeval Supporting Member

I tried 6L6 Ge Nos in my BnT and I went back to the Mullard Nos EL34,that mine has,I liked the crunch better with the 34,s but it sounds great with 6L6 but gave a bit too much headroom,and I like mine to breakup early cause it sounds so good for small club work,very loud 15 watts.

8. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Ain't much inside there, but what IS in there sounds damned fine!

Dexter.Sinister likes this.
  9. glman

glman Member

I'm thinking about getting a similar cab for my english - this cab is ridiculous in the correct light.!
    i can't look at my " standard oak " english anymore - even though it sounds great.

10. glman

glman Member

I'm going to try 6L6's this weekend - just for kicks - I love the SED EL34's but I also like to experiment.
    Like I said - the English is definitely smoother on the OD side and it breaks up a little sooner - feels like 009's.
    The BT has a little more headroom before breakup and the OD is definitely a little thicker - I prefer the BT OD - but I'm keeping the English cause it's just a different flavour but very similar.- both great amps.
    before i drop $400 on NOS 6V6's I'm going to buy a quartet of tung-Sol 6V6's to try out - I've heard that this amp sounds best with 6V6's ? - I'm just concerned about it becoming too smooth - I always thought the smoother the better but since playing the English and the BT side by side - I like the raunchier EL34 sound of the BT - it just moves more air.

11. 57gold

57gold Silver Supporting Member

12. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

That looks like a "high end " Tick

6v6 is great in these - rich midrange, like butta'
    more crack/spank to the high end than the English

13. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

14. glman

glman Member

it is a high end - it shipped with SED EL34 winged C,s
    George said that it's better with NOS 6V6's preferably mazda.
    I gotta say that it's already great with the EL34's - plenty of everything.
    It's difficult to choose between the English and the Bluetick.
    like i said earlier the Bluetick has a thicker OD which I prefer but the English is definitely sweeter with more harmonic complexity. - I might change my mind as the amp breaks in but so far I lean towards the Bluetick overall. it just has more balls !
    for the record - the English is definitely more lively in terms of Jangle, sparkle but the Bluetick can get there with tweaking.
    i love this amp

15. trisonic

trisonic Member

Nice Amp.

It's a toss up for me between the Blue Tick and the Beagle for my favourite Alessandro. I agree with your description of it. Now, all I've got to do is own one!
    How long has George been using that logo on the front of the box?

Best, Pete.

16. crosse79

crosse79 Member

I was expecting Blue tolex :)

17. rah3

rah3 Member

Glman,

Congratulations on the new dog in the pack. Wow, what a beautiful sight, and I'm sure it even sounds better than it looks. Please post clips. If you love the EL34's, you will Really love the 6v6 tunes in it. I use my English and BlueTick side by side all the time now. Great amps. Although I must say I do like the amps better without any stenciling on the front of the chassis.
    Adds a vibe of mystery.

My High End English
    [​IMG]

My BlueTick (1st BlueTick made)
    [​IMG]

-RAH3

18. glman

glman Member

i think it's pretty recent cause my english from last year is bare on the front

19. glman

glman Member

how do you find the BT compared to your English

20. glman

glman Member

I'll take some pictures of the complete setup with speaker cabs and post them tomorrow.
    I''m busy doing a major production so clips will have to wait - but I will do them.
    in the meantime - I ordered a quad of tung-sol 6V6's just to try get a taste of the 6V6 sound before I take the plunge.
    I'm considering getting a nice quad of RCA 6V6's - "blackplate" from mike at KCA but they're pretty expensive and then there's shipping costs to South africa - but if I like the Tung Sol's then I'll go for the best!