Alessandro English+ PRS SC245

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by glman, Mar 3, 2008.

1. glman

glman Member

I got myself a PRS SC245 a few days ago and I'm really impressed with the combination of this guitar and my Alessandro English.
    My regular Santana 2 is a bit brighter and punchier than the SC245 but through the English I actually prefer the creamier SC245 - i'll post some clips soon.
    great guitar and amp combination.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. glman

glman Member

I cannot get over what a good combination the PRS SC245 and the Alessandro English is - it's a match made in heaven.
    Desert Island rig - for me!:rotflmao

3. Ironman

Ironman Member

Sweet PRS! I like the grain, it's got some character. If I got another PRS, the SC245 would be it.

mmm....so you'd take the English over the Slash as your Desert Island amp???

Look forward to some clips!

4. glman

glman Member

you're very perceptive - I have a Santana 2 with a 10 top which is perfect but I prefer the flecks and imperfections of the SC 245 - to me it looks better and less sterile.
    About the alessandro English vs Slash issue - I love my slash but it's not as responsive as the English and the cleans are nowhere near .
    what the slash excels at is the signature plexi type 60's + 70's tone that everyone knows.
    Overall - I've yet to play an amp that responds like my English.
    I'm really curious about the 2 rock / glaswerks d'style amps etc... but there's something about channel switching that bugs me!!! - I only like to play with the volume on my guitar direct into an amp - it's just more organic.
    I 'm sure that the glaswerks and D' style amps are fantastic it's just that I'm into simplicity in the extreme and the English is simplicity and quality and tone personified - especially when teamed up with the SC245..

5. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

I played a SC245 the other day and was a really great guitar, but I could not get pass the glossy neck. I wish the made a satin neck version.

6. glman

glman Member

I'm going to make some next week hopefully - the clips in my sig are with the Santana 2 but I promise you the SC245 takes the English to another Level - it's a lot thicker/bigger sounding to the Santana with a more wicked/raunchy tone - more rock sounding and the bottom end is more thumpy when I stand next to the amp.
    it really sounds better than the Santana 2 in real life but I've yet to do some clips so we'll soon see how it records .
    I can tell you that so far - the SC245 is one of the best guitars I've ever laid hands on!!! - beautiful action out the box and tone to die for - if you been dreaming about a perfectly made brand new Les Paul 1959 that's never been touched by anyone except you - go check out an SC245