Alessandro English Video clip

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Great clip! Man, that amp cleans up real nice when you roll off the volume. Nice guitar as well- I love the Santana II. I didn't hear as much 'chime' as I expected with an EL84 amp. It sounded rather full, which is a good thing.

glman

Great clip! Man, that amp cleans up real nice when you roll off the volume. Nice guitar as well- I love the Santana II. I didn't hear as much 'chime' as I expected with an EL84 amp. It sounded rather full, which is a good thing.
it does chime but remember the cheap camera mic robs 50% of the tone.
volume rolloff for cleans really works on this amp.
no excuses but this was over a year ago without my current tube setup and without the SC245 - I really prefer my amp now and I'll make some new clips next week

8nthatK

Silver Supporting Member
Two, one was a high-end the other not but with an upgraded flame maple cab.
They weren't the sound I was looking for, but I certainly don't have any negative words about them. After all, I did purchase the second 'just in case' I missed it the first time, lol.
Have fun!

when you say a couple ? how many - hehe
why did you sell them?

cnardone

very nice. What was the actual volume in the room when you were recording?

It sounds relatively quiet to me.

cmn

glman

very nice. What was the actual volume in the room when you were recording?

It sounds relatively quiet to me.

cmn
not too loud - very reasonable actually - problem is the camera has a built in compressor type effect on the mic so every time i pluck softly it compensates and raises the volume then When I turn up - the first few notes always clip/compress until the new level is registered - obviously not an ideal setup.
My audio clips are better to judge the sound but I'm trying to think of a way to film with my camera and record audio from a different source and sync the two - I'll think of something

rah3

Very nice clip. While the sound is not best, it's easy to listen past the recording limitations. I'm sure you'd sound great in any amp. Nice demo of gain structure of the English. I'm swamped right now as well, but hope to get some Alessandro clips up soon.

-RAH3

glman

Very nice clip. While the sound is not best, it's easy to listen past the recording limitations. I'm sure you'd sound great in any amp. Nice demo of gain structure of the English. I'm swamped right now as well, but hope to get some Alessandro clips up soon.

-RAH3
I would love to hear some clips of you with your Alessandro amps!!
I've never heard anyone else's English - it would be nice to get a comparison point.
no excuses but the clip was made while I was jamming - i wasn't trying to get a decent sound for a demo vid.
what I will do is try and record into logic and film simultaneously and sync the video to the recording afterwards - that way I'll get decent sound with my video.

glman

Very nice! What about another video with the 4X12? And the other Alessandro (is it a BnT?)
The other one is a bluetick - I must be honest that there was a time about a year ago where I was playing the English through my 4x12 with V30's but I've realised that this amp sounds best through the Blues - I might just do a clip with the 4x12 cab just for fun

Trending Topics