Alessandro Redbone/Strat clip

davebc

Nice! What cab, what speakers.
I was trying a Redbone Coonhound for about a month.
I didn't have a closedback cab, which I thought the amp really favored.
So. I said goodby to it, reluctantly. It was an incredible sounding amp,
but pretty darn loud before it started singing. But, with the closed back it really shined. George told me it was dwsigned for 4-12's.

mcgriff420

It was a Bogner 212 OS, (closed back). I also used a Marshall PB100 Power Brake to knock it down just a couple clicks. I'm going to try a few more clips as I don't feel I captured the sparkle of the amp. -Same old story, the amp sounds incredible when you stand in front of it but not the same on the recording.. I welcome any tips on improving the recording! I had a beta57 off axis about six inches off the grill cloth. I may try moving it back a little more.. I have lots of guitars, anything special anyone wants to hear I have saturday to myself:)

davebc

Let's hear it with your favorite Lester!
I did get a killer sound with my Les Paul into a closed back 2-12 with the Red Bone, very cool, subtle unique, very complex, real nice sustain and feel, straight in, I'm not a pedal guy. I'll bet George's attenuators work really well with his amps.
It was a killer amp, and I hated letting it go.
But, for my needs these days the closed back is no longer a fit.
I need the sound exploding around me, and not throwing.
My Red Bone had some SERIOUS bass response,, as I'm sure yours does.
My God, any thing over two on the bass was overkill. I actually thought I blew a speaker, thankfully I didn't.

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds great. I have a friend with several Alessandro amps and the Redbone is my favorite. I need to get one some day...

mcgriff420

I just tried another recording without any attenuation and the mic a good 14in from the speaker. While the sparkle is more prevelant my recorder is giving me some high end crackle. I know it's not the amp, it's only on playback. One of the other mic inputs gave up several months ago now I guess this one is going too. It's a boss BR1180, unfortunately it's all I have right now.

This clip is a PAF from a 70's LP, close mic'ed heavily attenuated.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=730431

deeval

Silver Supporting Member
Hows about a nice 335 through it I love the tone of my 335 with my Black N Tan with 2-12 Blues,just a killer tone with no pedals needed,to get that Fat OD tone,:dude

mcgriff420

I sold my 336 to a fellow TGP'er a couple months ago. The closest thing I have is a thinline tele/broadcaster -whch really isn't anything like a 335 lol except the F hole. I have single coils, P90's, minihumbuckers, Paf's, JB humbucker, Jazz humbucker and a TV Jones magnatron.

The Redbone is easily 80 clipping watts. Not sure how George does this with only two EL34's.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom