• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Alex Attenuator on the way!

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
Finally found an 8 Ohmer on the forum so I'm going to give it a try. If the stars align, I may be able to do a shootout with a UA, the Alex and a skipzcircuits powerscaling mod.

Anyone know if an 8 ohm Alex will work ok with a 4 ohm load? I wouldn't be attenuating a dimed amp downto bedroom volumes. Just taking some of the edge off the total volume...

never-enough

Sounds like a cool comparison.
I have an 8ohm alex's attenuator and think it works really well... Haven't compared it to any other options though.

I asked alex about using the attenuator with a mismatched cab before I bought mine.
This is what I understood from our conversation:
The most important thing to match is the amp to the attenuator. As long as the attenuator is active (not bypassed) it is the load that the amp sees. If you switch the attenuator to bypass, then the amp is sees the 4ohm load of the cab.

I have used my attenuator in between the 8ohm tap on my amps to both 8ohm and 4ohm cabs without any problems.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of yours when it arrives!

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
update - Played a two rock emerald pro through it and it sounded great. No "hash" at all. Very natural sounding. Hopefully I'll get to do some demos using it this weekend.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom