Alexander Effects Radical Reverse Delay *Updated*

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Well...I decided to take a chance and try one out. I just placed my order for one.

Premier Guitar named it an Editor's Pick of Summer NAMM...sounds good to me. I really hope I can get somewhat in the ballpark of Revolver-era Beatles with this pedal. Looking forward to it.

The video demos I've seen really showcase the crazy stuff well (the spiral and granular modes)...but I'm hoping I can get a simple, straight-forward, backwards guitar sound with it also. Premier Guitar stated, "The key to the reverse delay is a truly effective mix control that lends the summed output a more integrated, tape-like quality." I like the sound of that!

I sent mine back. :( It was so freakin out there, I couldn't get a normal sound. I mean, I like weird sounds, but I don't like random, unintuitive sounds I can't control.

And, I'm a huge fan of the regular Radical.

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I sent mine back. :( It was so freakin out there, I couldn't get a normal sound. I mean, I like weird sounds, but I don't like random, unintuitive sounds I can't control.

And, I'm a huge fan of the regular Radical.
:(

Well, hopefully our definitions of "freakin' out there" will be slightly different. I've been wanting a dedicated reverse delay like the Danelectro Back Talk because the demos on that thing sound great. However, I just can't bring myself to spend $300 on a Danelectro pedal.

I'm hoping this one can work out for me. Thanks for your honest input.

Trending Topics