• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Alexander Golden Summer reverb (and delay)

Ruiner

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet (couldn't find it in the search if it has)...

Alexander has been putting out some quality stuff in a short time. No surprise since it's the same guys that do the Disaster Area stuff.

This time they have a reverb and delay unit in one.

Controls:

Reverb — Adjusts the size of the virtual reverb chamber.

Delay — Controls the pre-delay of the reverb. Controls the delay time in Echo mode.

Mix — Controls the blend between fully dry (clean) and fully wet (reverb only) echo sound. 12 o’clock is an equal mix of clean and reverb.

Tweak — Tweaks a different parameter in each mode. See the mode descriptions for full details.

Mode Toggle:

Mod — Large chamber reverb with adjustable modulation. Turn the Tweak knob counter-clockwise for slow chorus, clockwise for fast vibrato.

Shimmer — A classic ambient effect that adds an octave to the reverb trails. Turn the Tweak control clockwise to add an octave up, or counter-clockwise to add an octave down.

Echo — A dedicated echo unit where the reverb is fed by the delay repeats for interesting rhythmic effects or longer echo washes. The Delay knob controls 400ms of delay time. Tweak knob adjusts the repeats and the delay tone - counter-clockwise for analog flavored dark repeats, clockwise for bright digital repeats.

Bypass Switching:

The Golden Summer features a buffered bypass with optional "trails." In Trails mode the reverb and delay will continue to repeat when the pedal is bypassed. To switch between standard bypass and trails, hold the bypass switch while powering on. The LED will blink once for standard bypass or five times for trails. The pedal remembers the last setting. The Golden Summer features an analog dry signal path.

Power Supply:

The Golden Summer requires a 9V DC power supply with a 2.1mm pin, center negative. The Golden Summer is not designed to be powered on supplies higher than 9V and does not use a battery. The Golden Summer should work fine on a multi-pedal "daisy chain" connector, but if you encounter excessive noise or hum try a separate power supply. The Golden Summer requires approx. 60mA.

Reactions: Ivo

Ivo

I really like the design and concept of this one. Not what I'm looking for in a verb right now, though.

Ruiner

I really like the design and concept of this one. Not what I'm looking for in a verb right now, though.
Yeah i'm all 'verbed out at the moment (except for maybe that Caroline lo-fi) but definitely covers a lot of ground, goes into dispatch master territory with delay and reverb options that can be mixed, octave ups and down on the shippers, chorus and vibrato on the modulation of the 'verb. That's quite a bit for such a small footprint and $189. I have the Alexander Amnesia and it's the same way and sounds great.

Reactions: Ivo

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Reverb isn't my go to effect, but it's well built, imaginative and kudos to Alexander. I guess he has a hand in the design of Old Blood Endeavors stuff, too?

Ivo

Yeah i'm all 'verbed out at the moment (except for maybe that Caroline lo-fi) but definitely covers a lot of ground, goes into dispatch master territory with delay and reverb options that can be mixed, octave ups and down on the shippers, chorus and vibrato on the modulation of the 'verb. That's quite a bit for such a small footprint and $189. I have the Alexander Amnesia and it's the same way and sounds great.
Man, I've always thought the Amnesia looked like such a steal. I'd get one if I didn't have an E2D. The flanger is on my radar. Hope to have a go at it later this year. Lots of little cool and unique twists packed into the Alexander line-up.

IRG

THey are definitely making some cool stuff. I've liked my Amnesia delay a lot, though it is almost too dark/ambient for my needs, at time. I have an Obscura coming soon, so likely the variations of different delay, and it having tails and tap will win out, but the Amnesia still has a lot going for it. I'd like to see them make a delay with stereo and tap, although for their market right now, it might be better off being simpler.

davidkim1221

That pro guitar shop video showed a pretty extreme modulation sound. For those who are planning to get this, can we get the slower chorus serting sound, and also 100 percent wet sounds? Trying to decide between this, red panda reverb, and blue sky

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
That pro guitar shop video showed a pretty extreme modulation sound. For those who are planning to get this, can we get the slower chorus serting sound, and also 100 percent wet sounds? Trying to decide between this, red panda reverb, and blue sky
I'll chime in here, if I may. The Mod mode has two speeds, slow is CW and fast is CCW. This is the same setup we've been using on the Radical and Amnesia and it works pretty well. You can get 100% wet and a slow chorus on the reverb signal really easily. You can dial in a very subtle modulation if you want, just keep the Tweak knob near noon and adjust to taste.

One caveat though - since the mixer is active in trails mode, the pedal will kill your dry signal if you bypass at 100% wet. Use buffered bypass mode if you want to go full wet and you won't have any problems.

Prince

Silver Supporting Member
Woah, just learning about these guys. Very impressed with their offerings. When did Alexander start up?

DisasterArea

Woah, just learning about these guys. Very impressed with their offerings. When did Alexander start up?
Thanks! We started shipping the Alexander line in February 2015. We've been doing Disaster Area full time since 2012, and I built pedals under the Pharaoh Amplifiers name from 1999 to 2006-ish.

barrym

Thanks! We started shipping the Alexander line in February 2015. We've been doing Disaster Area full time since 2012, and I built pedals under the Pharaoh Amplifiers name from 1999 to 2006-ish.
So you made the Echo jr?
It was one of my favorite delay pedals ever!

DisasterArea

So you made the Echo jr?
It was one of my favorite delay pedals ever!
Indeed I did. I actually have some NOS ones in my closet at home - the last batch with laser-etched graphics rather than the labels or white-printed art. Those will probably end up on Reverb eventually. :)

barrym

Indeed I did. I actually have some NOS ones in my closet at home - the last batch with laser-etched graphics rather than the labels or white-printed art. Those will probably end up on Reverb eventually. :)
Great, I would love to have one!

I'm watching the new clips on youtube, I really like the Golden Summer and the Equilibrium, good job!

TheKermitC

I haven't really seen many clips of the Golden Summer.. anymore feedback on this pedal ?seems interesting......was wondering how does it compare to the Neunaber delay/reverb algorithm?

Hoss

Looking to change out my Reverb...I've always liked the Eterna and the way the shimmer can be dialed back for a subtle sound. The PGS vid doesn't show the range of the shimmer on the Golden Summer?

olejason

Can't name names due to non-disclosure agreements but yes.
How'd you get started in DSP? Do you do everything in C++? What are you using on the hardware side? I've been looking into it, I code for a living, but really not sure where to start with DSP. Sorry for the derail, just curious. Thanks

Trending Topics