Alexander History Lesson - What does the red output jack do?

Dad love mom

Gold Supporting Member
I noticed there is a red output jack on my Alexander History Lesson. Considering the company's website is spartan in it's information, and my pedal didn't come with a manual (not that it needs one), does anyone in TGP-land know what the red output jack does? The pedal has tap tempo on it, so my best guess is the jack is an expression pedal out.

Katzenkönig

External Tap Tempo

History Lessons with serial numbers greater than 5025 are equipped from the factory with a red external tap tempo input jack. If you have purchased an earlier version, Alexander Pedals will be pleased to update your unit to the latest specs at no charge.

Dad love mom

Gold Supporting Member
External Tap Tempo

History Lessons with serial numbers greater than 5025 are equipped from the factory with a red external tap tempo input jack. If you have purchased an earlier version, Alexander Pedals will be pleased to update your unit to the latest specs at no charge.
Is that really what it is? Why have a jack for an external tap tempo if the pedal comes with a built-in tap tempo switch? Weird. Can you confirm this?

sjarvis

Is that really what it is? Why have a jack for an external tap tempo if the pedal comes with a built-in tap tempo switch? Weird. Can you confirm this?
You can set up a remote tap switch that sets the tempo for several pedals at the same time. You need the external tap input in order to do that.

the tourist

I've had one and I can confirm that is exactly what it is. Works great with the Selah Quartz to program exact BPMs which is great for recording.

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
It's a tap tempo input jack, we had a lot of users that wanted to connect a remote tap footswitch or pedalboard clock source to the HL. We've also made sure that anything else we make with tap tempo supports external tap. Our new Super Radical and Oblivion pedals both support remote tap via the Remote jack or MIDI CC, as well as synchronizing to MIDI clock.

Trending Topics