Alexander Marshmallow Pitch Shifter

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The Holy Drinker, Jul 11, 2019.

1. DisasterArea

DisasterArea Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals

We already did that one. Dweezil uses one in his rig now and wants two of the Neo version.

This is a lot more complex, and way weirder. You set the “quiet” pitch with the voice knob and the “loud” pitch with the two knob. Either pitch can be anything from -12 to +12 semitones, so you can make the shifter sweep anything from zero to two full octaves in either direction. You set the sensitivity with the Mod knob and then the Alt knob (hold select and turn voice) to pick between fade or bend between the two pitches.

So you can have a subtle upper octave that fades in as you dig harder, or a f’d up rubber band cat piano. It’s really neat.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Not Orange, GLinks and ArtDecade like this.
  2. drifterphase

drifterphase Member

This looks like exactly what I've been wanting - a way to get the "auto whammy" effect from the Digitech a Space Station. But it is just demoralizing to look at.

3. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly, which is why I’ve never owned a single pedal from them. Hideous. And no, graphics aren’t everything but pedals that look that bad aren’t going anywhere near my pedalboard.

I guess not everyone wants clean simple designs, but I guarantee they’d sell a hell of a lot more pedals if they didn’t look like they were marketed to 10 year olds.

your name here likes this.
  4. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

The description mentions organ tones. If there’s a Farfisa or Vox Continental/Jaguar in there, I’m in.

5. Always-Ben

Always-Ben Supporting Member

Is the Arp mode largely like the one on the Radical Delay except on the dry signals instead of delay feedback?

6. Rolo

Rolo Member

I usually dont likento give negative input, so i will try with due respect to make my opinion a positive one.
    We players are a small demographic of the population. We have kids playing, young dudes and lots of old timers like myself.
    I just wish to say that kids will careless about wearing BoB sponge t shirts or Mickey Mouse hats. But most musicians wish to use quality sounding gear that looks classy or flashy... but kindergarden graphics are usually not considered art pieces.
    You could do better with more imaginative and artistic desings that fit all ages of players. Best regards.

7. DisasterArea

It’s a lot more flexible. The delay version has a fixed set of patterns but the Marshmallow lets you set all of the pitches except the first one. It also lets you change the speed and direction of the arpeggio without altering the pattern, which the delay can’t.

I learned a lot about arpeggiation with the Radical DX and it was the building block for this mode.

8. DisasterArea

I appreciate your feedback but with respect I’m not so sure about that. The market is crowded with serious pedals for tone connoisseurs. Every time we make a pedal like that it sits on the shelves. The weirder and more out there we go, the better they perform. Seems strange but it’s true for us.

There are hundreds of companies out there who will make you pedals with restrained and somber graphics. But we might be the only one to make one with cartoon marshmallows. I’m okay with that. As I said earlier, I’m really happy with the way it looks and I’m just sad we didn’t make more pink ones.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    CRWolf, Digitalshrub, urQuill and 9 others like this.
  9. DisasterArea

Here's a pink one for you:

urQuill, Not Orange and Hofnarr like this.
  10. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

Can you do a white, fluffy, burnt around the edges version?

11. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

You mean like this, but a pedal? I’d buy one.

:love:

[​IMG]

urQuill, Not Orange and Hofnarr like this.
  12. GaryMcT

GaryMcT Gold Supporting Member

I think it looks amazing! I need to figure out if I need one. :)

13. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

I see that, and my first thought is "I want to stomp on it!"

downburst82 and your name here like this.
  14. DisasterArea

Looks awesome. How do you open the doors?

15. Not Orange

Not Orange Supporting Member

You get in Dukes of Hazzard style

16. DisasterArea

Perfect. Then you take it over some sweet jumps.

Not Orange and urQuill like this.
  17. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

Just seeing this - OMG I love it. Sounds great and the graphics are perfect, it looks just like what I used to feel like when I would very occasionally brave a bowl of those very dangerous hallucinatory cereals ... gawd I kinda want a bowl now

Brilliant!

DisasterArea likes this.
  18. Digitalshrub

Digitalshrub Supporting Member

I mean, I’d buy it for the looks alone. This thing looks radtastic. (The toanz sound pretty dope too).

DisasterArea likes this.