Alexander Marshmallow Pitch Shifter

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
Does the Dyna setting anything to do with a Zappa-style DynaFlanger?
We already did that one. Dweezil uses one in his rig now and wants two of the Neo version.

This is a lot more complex, and way weirder. You set the “quiet” pitch with the voice knob and the “loud” pitch with the two knob. Either pitch can be anything from -12 to +12 semitones, so you can make the shifter sweep anything from zero to two full octaves in either direction. You set the sensitivity with the Mod knob and then the Alt knob (hold select and turn voice) to pick between fade or bend between the two pitches.

So you can have a subtle upper octave that fades in as you dig harder, or a f’d up rubber band cat piano. It’s really neat.

Last edited:

drifterphase

This looks like exactly what I've been wanting - a way to get the "auto whammy" effect from the Digitech a Space Station. But it is just demoralizing to look at.

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Supporting Member
Man. Who’s doing the graphic design on these things? Cool tones, awesome innovative company in general, but dang. :barf
My thoughts exactly, which is why I’ve never owned a single pedal from them. Hideous. And no, graphics aren’t everything but pedals that look that bad aren’t going anywhere near my pedalboard.

I guess not everyone wants clean simple designs, but I guarantee they’d sell a hell of a lot more pedals if they didn’t look like they were marketed to 10 year olds.

dhdfoster

Silver Supporting Member
The description mentions organ tones. If there’s a Farfisa or Vox Continental/Jaguar in there, I’m in.

Always-Ben

Supporting Member
Is the Arp mode largely like the one on the Radical Delay except on the dry signals instead of delay feedback?

Rolo

I usually dont likento give negative input, so i will try with due respect to make my opinion a positive one.
We players are a small demographic of the population. We have kids playing, young dudes and lots of old timers like myself.
I just wish to say that kids will careless about wearing BoB sponge t shirts or Mickey Mouse hats. But most musicians wish to use quality sounding gear that looks classy or flashy... but kindergarden graphics are usually not considered art pieces.
You could do better with more imaginative and artistic desings that fit all ages of players. Best regards.

DisasterArea

Is the Arp mode largely like the one on the Radical Delay except on the dry signals instead of delay feedback?
It’s a lot more flexible. The delay version has a fixed set of patterns but the Marshmallow lets you set all of the pitches except the first one. It also lets you change the speed and direction of the arpeggio without altering the pattern, which the delay can’t.

I learned a lot about arpeggiation with the Radical DX and it was the building block for this mode.

DisasterArea

You could do better with more imaginative and artistic desings that fit all ages of players. Best regards.
I appreciate your feedback but with respect I’m not so sure about that. The market is crowded with serious pedals for tone connoisseurs. Every time we make a pedal like that it sits on the shelves. The weirder and more out there we go, the better they perform. Seems strange but it’s true for us.

There are hundreds of companies out there who will make you pedals with restrained and somber graphics. But we might be the only one to make one with cartoon marshmallows. I’m okay with that. As I said earlier, I’m really happy with the way it looks and I’m just sad we didn’t make more pink ones.

Last edited:

GaryMcT

Gold Supporting Member
I knew this one would be polarizing. Lots of people who love the design, lots who hate it. The design was my idea, executed by the same guy who did the Space Race, Radical Delay DX, Hot Pink, and the "Castlevania" themed Syntax Error. It turned out exactly the way I wanted, and I'm just sad that we didn't make more pink ones.

I figure that as long as it sounds good and is fun to play, it'll work out okay.
I think it looks amazing! I need to figure out if I need one. :)

urQuill

Supporting Member
Just seeing this - OMG I love it. Sounds great and the graphics are perfect, it looks just like what I used to feel like when I would very occasionally brave a bowl of those very dangerous hallucinatory cereals ... gawd I kinda want a bowl now

Brilliant!

Elmasodoacro

Here's a pink one for you:

Hi! I just signed up to the forum to thank you for this new pedal, and specially the pink one! hope I get one in the end of this month :)

Apart from that, I want to ask if it is possible to do a proper and controllable vibrato effect? I mean, I saw th chorus one and I loved it but I want to know if it is possible to reach the vibrato sound. Thanks!

Trending Topics