Alexander Pedals Amnesia Delay

Discussion in 'Pedals and Effects Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by MHermans, Apr 7, 2015.

1. MHermans

MHermans Member

Really great sounding delay!

2. ChampReverb

ChampReverb Silver Supporting Member

Nice pedal and really creative playing, as usual.

-bEn r.

3. papersoul

papersoul Member

Bumping and replying to your old thread. Your demo is great. Love your demos.

I think I have decided this is my next delay.

I love analog or analog sounding delays. I also love analog delays with good clarity, good power, vibe, feel, the ability to give me a low fi vibe and also a dark delay.

I also love a delay with a good enough modulation section to be used as a stand alone chorus.

I also tend to only use companderless delays. I find analog delays with their companders are too choppy for me and harder to dial in. The way, I use a delay, very atmospheric, ambient, I find the newer companderless, analog sounding digital delays have become my new favorites. I love how the entire range is usable for me. and oh so easy to tweak. I also love a delay that not only sounds great on clean, great as always on, yet subtle, with dirt, but has a great feel, punch and chewiness to it for leads. Also get those big atmospheric Pink Floyd type solos. This seems to do it.

This Alexander seems to fit all my requirements.

Any others have good experiences with this pedal?

I think their delays seem so great, I could see having the Amnesia and history Lesson on my board and calling it a day. Any thoughts on the History Lesson?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  4. Melj

Melj Member

I found it a bit too dark for my tastes, and missed tap tempo. On the other hand, now it's gone I miss it - for what it does I think I prefer it to the Nemesis I bought to replace it (though the Nemesis does the brighter digital stuff and has tap and presets so...).

5. papersoul

papersoul Member

Thanks, I have never used tap tempo and have no need for it, so I am fine there. Also, most delays are not dark enough for me, so this could be perfect!

I am thinking of getting this and the History lesson.

I must be honest, the other delay that really keeps calling and sucking me in is the J. Rockett Alien Echo.
    I think that one sounds amazing, fat, full, great modulation, a dedicated tone knob and a dedicated modulation button.

6. Melj

Melj Member

Yeah...I could be happy with the Amnesia and the History Lesson. Can't get the latter here in the UK though.

I have an F13 too, they make good stuff...

7. papersoul

papersoul Member

Sometimes I think I am wasting money. I was totally happy with the Malekko Dark Delay and Seymour Duncan Vapor trail I had. :(

Mincer likes this.
  8. Melj

Melj Member

Let me reassure you...

You're wasting money :) but that's the main point of TGP ;)

9. papersoul

papersoul Member

As long as I have fun doing it! :D

10. papersoul

papersoul Member

Any Amnesia vs. History Lesson opinions?

11. papersoul

papersoul Member

These delays look great as does the Rockett Archer I love but I may just stick to the three delays I had earlier this year and was happy. I used them interchangeably and rotated them and loved them all. The Catalinbread Montavillian, Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail and Malekko Dark Ekko.

12. Melj

Melj Member

I've got gas for the Alexander Oblivion now :)

13. papersoul

papersoul Member

I have GAS for so much, it should be illegal.