Alf Hermida Contact

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by iim7v7im7, Apr 4, 2012.

1. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

Hi,

I have tried via four different ways to reach Alf Hermida iover the last 5 days in regard to a quality issue with one of his products.

I tried the "contact us" link on his website:

http://www.vendio.com/stores/HermidaAudio/contact

I also tried two different e-mail addresses:

ahermida@hermidaaudio.com

and

alfonso_hermida@netzero.net

I also have PM'd him via this website. Perhaps he is traveling, but it seems odd not to have had a response. I did read how he had a website issue some time back.

Does anyone know another means of reaching him?

Appreciated,

Bob

2. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

Wow, I thought someone on TGP would know....

3. spakuloid

spakuloid Member

I had the same issue after purchasing a Zen Drive last month. They just do not respond to emails at all. Not even through paypal. I got the Zen drive about 3 weeks after I ordered it and it is fine and sounds great. But - it states on their website that there is no wait for any pedals and they usually ship within 7 days. Clearly that is not the case. Good luck.

4. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

My issue is not a sales fulfillment issue, but a product quality issue.

Well my Zendrive does not operate and it has had very little usage (<8 hours). It was purchased in September of 2010 so it is outside of warranty. I was trying to reach the manufacturer per their website's instructions (see below). I was hoping the manufacturer would assist a customer with a quality issue. The pedal LED lights up, but there is no sound when the switch is engaged. Per the manufacturer's troubleshooting list, I opened it up to see if the opamp was not properly seated. The other potential issues cited were either the switch or wiring. At this point I need their assistance.

I suspect that the answer lies in "as soon as possible". I will give them until early next week to respond. My first note to them on the website was on March 31st. I have always heard great things about Mr. Hermida, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt for a few more days. After that, I will be left with no other choice but to think the worst. I realize that he runs a small business, but so do other small pedal manufacturers and they all seem to be able to respond in a timely fashion to their customers.

Still hoping for the best,

Bob

Hermida Audio Technology Limited Warranty

Manufacturer warrants unit to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year from date of purchase. This warranty does not include damage due to misuse, alteration or incorrect power supply. During the warranty period, Hermida Audio will repair or replace unit free of charge. If you believe there is a problem, please review the following steps before returning the units:
    • First, it is important to review our Troubleshooting Guide. Many common issues are addressed in this document.
    • If you are unable to find a solution via the Troubleshooting Guide, please contact us with a detailed description of the issue and telephone number(s). Hermida Audio will contact you and recommend a solution as soon as possible.
    • When the issue cannot be resolved via telephone, Hermida Audio will advise that the unit be repaired or replaced. Information about how to return your product(s) will be provided during the telephone support call. The turnaround time for repairs is generally 10 days.
    • Please note that alteration of the pedal by any parties outside of Hermida Audio will void all warranties.
    • After the warranty period expires, repairs are performed for a fee. Please contact us for more information about repairs outside the limited warranty period.

5. blackba

blackba Member

I hope you get a hold of Alf. It is springbreak week for my area, so at least at my work, a lot of people are out of the office. Hopefully that explains the slow response time.

6. spakuloid

spakuloid Member

My order was placed on 3/2 - and throughout the month of March I received no correspondence from him or his company regarding the status of my order - including when I tried to cancel it through paypal after being fed up with not hearing anything. I received the pedal last week. So who knows -maybe he is sick, family issues or just plain old website stuff. I really just wanted a heads up telling me when to expect the pedal and I would have been fine. There is no customer service from what I have experienced. See if you can find a phone number listed somewhere.

7. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Member

based on a lot of people here, he's a pretty good guy. but i had the same sort of issue before when I bought my zendrive. good thing that thing never failed on me ... yet *knock on wood*

so yeah, good luck!

8. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

You can watch this thread to see what happens in the event that it does...

9. scottl

scottl Member

Just spoke to Alf. He mentioned he was having email issues, yet again. He gets hundreds of them....

He'll look into it.

Travelling to FL tomorrow. I might hang a bit with him. He is a good guy!

On another note, love the username iim7! I'd add "alt" after the V7 though!

Where in NJ?

10. ahermida

ahermida Member

Guys please accept my apologies. Scott called and let me know that some people had issues with orders/communications etc. I don't visit TGP as often as I would like to...Right now the computer that has all the orders and emails in being worked on to restore the MS Outlook files. I can't email from that computer until they sort this out. Their best guess is by tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

I receive sometimes up to 100's of emails in a day and it can pile up very quickly.

In terms of issues with returning pedals and service I'll get them sorted once I go through the emails. There's should be no problem sending returns back to me. I will email an address where to ship.

If you need service on a pedal I will also email where to send so I can take care of it.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and I'm on standby for the "geeks" to do their magic and get me back on track.

Alf

11. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

Scott,

I live in central NJ...

I am not always ii-V-I...

[​IMG]

There's always room for the blues...

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help...

:)

Bob

12. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

Alf,

I look forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice weekend.

Thanks,

Bob

13. snoots

snoots Member

I ordered a zendrive2 and payed with PayPal on march 27th I have not received it or any email. Alf can you update me on status?

14. T92780

T92780 Silver Supporting Member

I recently ordered and got zendrive in a week or less, thanks for the great service Alf.

15. snoots

snoots Member

I saw somewhere that he had another issue with his email/exchange computer. But I am getting nervous since i paid already. I know from searching that he has a great rep and I am not at all putting him down, just hoping to get some confirmation on my order and shipping status.

16. thewordking

thewordking Member

Yeah. I definitely wouldn't worry. I had some of the same issues as everyone else when I ordered my Zendrive. But it arrived as promised. Just took a little while. The communication is a little suspect but his rep is great for a reason.

17. snoots

snoots Member

I tried phoning him and think it is the correct phone number but the answering machine is set to just say please call back, no message leaving available.

18. snoots

snoots Member

I got a TC Ethos pedal today so I will be playing with that for the near term.

19. vmjoe

vmjoe Member

I ordered a Zendrive 2 on March 23rd and have not received it yet. I'm sure I will receive it, but it would be nice to know the progress. Sounds like he could use a secretary.

20. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

Hi,

I am the OP of this thread. I tried reaching out to Mr. Hermida on March 31st by two different e-mails addresses. I also followed up with a PM on this site. I was happy to see Mr. Hermida's response to my post on April 4th. I understand that things can happen to e-mail and he runs a small business and I was hoping that he would follow through on his promise.

It has now a week since his posting (and 12 days post contact by 3 different means) and I have not heard from Hermida Audio. I have tried to be patient and understanding, but frankly at this point I really don't ever expect him. If I am incorrect and I do and my quality issue (e.g. dead pedal) is resolved; I will follow up on this posting. If you don't hear any more from me, assume that nothing has happened to set the record straight.

For others, it is certainly something to consider when deciding to do business with someone. Product support, post-sale is something to consider.

Respectfully with disappointment,

Bob