Alf Hermida Contact

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by iim7v7im7, Apr 4, 2012.

1. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

No patience.

The guy came on the thread, and told you he is having computer issues. He is a one man shop, and a well known quantity on the forum/internationally.

Keep the chill/AC on, please...:cool:

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I've had great support from Alf, too. I'd say try and hang in there but I understand the frustration!

3. snoots

snoots Member

I'm hanging in and hope for things to be resolved. Thanks all.

4. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

"Their best guess is by tomorrow or Friday at the latest."

That would have been April 5th or 6th which is a week ago. As I said, if the company follows through, I will set things straight here for the record here. In the mean time it is a black box.

My "patience" was based on their proposed timing, not mine. He was free to state that this would take a few weeks or longer to resolve (by resolution we are talking about an e-mail aknowledgement/reply with a shipping address which is about 1 minutes work). Perhaps it is all about communications and managing expectations. In the mean time the Zendrive makes a great paper weight for taxes.

:)

Bob

5. snoots

snoots Member

From the Hermida Audio home page.

Home

IMPORTANT: Status on emails and orders!

UPDATE April 12: We finally have the computer back and running. I have approximately 1000+ emails and all the orders for the days the computer was down. I started working on the orders and you should receive the tracking email shortly. Its been a nightmare and I appreciate your patience.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  6. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

Thanks for the update.

7. snoots

snoots Member

Got my shipping note should have pedal monday

8. snoots

snoots Member

I recieved a shipping notice last Friday the 13th. Package was USPS overnight express. I still have not recieved it. The tracking number only shows the original Hermida electronic input no other activity. I tried emailing again but still no reply. Alf added a personal message to the order confirmation apologizing for the delays. I don't know what else to do since I can't tell if it really shipped or not. I am still hoping for the pedal to show up soon.

9. Jericho621

Jericho621 Supporting Member

Just adding my experience for those that are concerned.

-I ordered a Zen on 4/10.
    -I got an email letting me know they were having some IT issues but were almost done working through them on 4/13
    -Later on 4/13 I got an USPS email that they received electronic shipping info on it.
    -Nothing else updated until 4/18 when it showed it was moving along out of Florida

(If I had to guess here I'd say on Friday notice on shipments was keyed in but may not have actually gotten to the P/O for a few days...maybe the following Mon/Tues)

-Today USPS clearly shows they have it and it is making its way North.

I'd say his company has a solid rep around here. Stuff happens. Nothing tragic has occurred, just a slight delay and I knew in advance there would be.

Find your "Zen" place if you are worried. They are coming :)

10. snoots

snoots Member

Maybe mine has finally updated to leaving since what you are describing is exactly what mine said other than it never went beyond the electronic acknowledgement on the USPS tracking page.

11. snoots

snoots Member

Mine now shows delivery tomorrow.... sweet

12. snoots

snoots Member

Got mine Zendrive 2 Friday in the mail. I have not had a lot of time to play with it but have noticed that adjusting the gain and voice makes a lot of difference in the sound.

13. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

When email is such a vital part of your business it should be bulletproof.

Sorry, reading email is part of what you sign up for as a small independent pedal builder--those are your customers, not annoyances.

A lot of us get 100+ emails a day at work and we READ THEM ALL because it's our job.

Step up here Alf.

14. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

Hi,

I am the OP of this thread. I am posting this epologue here to alert other potential buyers of Hermida Audio products on how they support their customers. I am not one to do this lightly, I prefer to handle things quietly, behind the scenes. But Mr. Hermida does not have a telephone number, nor responds to e-mails or PMs on this forum. He has left me with no alternative other than to use a public forum to communicate with him.

Since I posted here last on April 11th and was repremanded by some for having "no patience"; this is what has occured:

Here is an e-mail that I received from Alf Hermida on April 18th
    Robert,

I apologize for this. What is your mailing address? I'm going to send you one and a SASE for the dead one. I've been running behind reading emails due to some computer problems. I'll take care of this ASAP.

Alf
    Here is my response on April 18th
    Alf,

My address is:

XXX XXX XXXX
    XXXXX XXXXX, NJ XXXXX-XXXX

Thanks very much,

Bob

On April 26th after not receiving any package from Alf, I e-mailed him the following message:
    Alf,

It has been 8 days since we last spoke and I have heard nor recieved anything from you.

Please Advise,

Bob
    It is now May 10th (3+ weeks) and I still have had no reply nor received a replacement from Alf. Frankly, at this point I have written off ever getting any satisfaction in resolving this repair matter. I was a customer reaching out to a manufacturer after following the instructions on his website to resolve a repair issue with one of their products. I wasn't even asking for anytring for free. I would have paid for a repair. It doesn't get more basic than this. This is the bread and butter of customer support.

I have dealt with Dave Barber, Paul Cochrane, Brian Mena and Brian Wampler all who run small businesses similar to Alf, but somehow they always manage to e-mail you back or pick up a phone. Alf Hermida's behavior, at least in this matter has been totally unprofessional. I suspect a talented electronics designer grew his business beyond a size where they could manage it. I know that he is a much beloved chatacter by some, but it is difficult to justify his behavior. Having talent and being a good guy to hang out with unfortunately doesn't make up for this.

Once you own a product and anything goes wrong. You are on your own. That is the state of Hermida Audio in 2012.

Bob

15. yardbird mac

yardbird mac Member

Formerly a Colorado resident stuck in Ohio!
    I canceled my order this morning. If this guy is having computer issues, he needs to get someone competent to fix them!

"Greetings:

I placed my order for a ZENDRIVE on April 23, 2012. Since then I have sent several e-mail messages requesting additional information. It has been 6 weeks since I placed the order. The ZENDRIVE has NOT been delivered, nor have my e-mail questions been answered! Please cancel my order ID:XXXXXX...... I don't appreciate being ignored, nor do I believe the excuses posted on your website. If you are having issues with your e-mail account, I would suggest alternatives or get an iMac and use what e-mail services they (Apple) provide (from personal experience... less hassles and more secure).

I wish I could report that this has been a satisfying experience, but it has NOT!!! My experience has been contrary to the positive posts seen on several internet forums!"

16. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Member

^^^ i think you're having problem with your fonts, it gets quite big! :)

I hope this gets sorted out soon.

17. ripoffriffs

ripoffriffs Supporting Member

You would think Alf can get a smart phone and be connected to his emails that way too.

18. yardbird mac

yardbird mac Member

Formerly a Colorado resident stuck in Ohio!
    Thanks!

The fonts are big because I needed to vent. I would rather have someone tell me to %&@# off than ignore me. 'Just venting a little... no, I'll admit it, I'm pissed!!!!

19. technomancer

technomancer Supporting Member

The more of these threads I see the better I'm feeling about deciding to build my own...

20. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

Just spoke to Alf. He updated the website in the last week, and is back from being gone for a week to handle some personal matters . Its catch up time, and believe me, he apprecites everyones patience, as its not easy being a private small builder. His help situation has taken a hit too, as his main long time assistant relocated, and Alf is in the process of replacing him, and getting things back to normal. Believe me, he is incredibly picky when it comes to building his pedals, and wont just settle for anyone assisting him. I hope this helps some of you who have questions regarding email responses, or other questions.