Alf Hermida Contact

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by iim7v7im7, Apr 4, 2012.

1. insanecopilot

insanecopilot Member

I bought the reverb pedal from him a year ago and i waited Like 4 weeks to get it. No responses to emails either, Except "computer problems" excuse email after i had received it. So these recent experiences from others sound like the same game to me.....It is however a great sounding pedal. Still have it.
    I dont want to pile on, but i wont order from him again. even though i'm still gassing for the Zen drive. too bad, I hope he gets right.

2. bobbyatomic

bobbyatomic Member

I agree, the Zendrive was going to be my next pedal purchase, but there's just too much choice out there for me to be botherd dealing with someone who can't be contacted, shame though, it is a fantastic pedal, but so are many others.

3. bobbyatomic

bobbyatomic Member

actually, screw my last post, I still want one.

4. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

I am the original OP.

My issue was NOT an order fulfillment issue, but a product support issue. Is Alf a great guy (many say so), talented pedal designer (for sure), irresponsible business owner (absolutely). Alf for years has not responded to questions during an order fulfillment, but as others have stated; the pedal eventually shows up at your doorstep one day out of the blue.

My issue was about Alf first not being responsive and later not doing what he said and leaving a customer out in the cold. It is inexcusable, and personally will never do business nor recommend anyone I know do business with him again in good conscience. In the area of pedals there are MANY companies Alf’s size who I have personal experience with. They all answer e-mails, pick-up phones and yes…say what they’ll do and do what they say…

Still Disappointed

5. jacobjj5

jacobjj5 Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw

I'm really sad to be reading everyone's discontent with Alf. Personally, I had just the opposite experience in dealing with him. Maybe I just had good luck, or was fortunate enough to have dealt with him during one of his periods of problem-free computer usage? In either case, I found him to be very helpful, knowledgable, and great to deal with. Good luck to all of you in your further encounters with him!

6. Unadan

Unadan Member

Wait a minute. I thought I was the original OP!!

I ordered a Hermida Reverb a year ago and received it within a week - the transaction went flawlessly.

7. mmolteratx

mmolteratx Member

This a real bummer. Alf was the first boutique guy I ever dealt with years back. Answered all my questions promptly and shipped day after payment. Was really cool being some punk kid and getting that kind of service. Made a real impression on me and set the standard, IMO.

8. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

Sometimes the best can get off the course, or hit a small bump in the road, as equipment, labor, and personal issues can hurt you when they all come at once. I know he is taking care of the issues one at a time. As for communication, well , lets just say he is a better builder than a typist. Thank God!
    Bottom line being, he has delivered every pedal ordered from him thru the years, and that is quite a feat, as he has sold/built more pedals in that time than most of the private builders here combined. He didnt ask me to reply to these post, or to intervene on his behalf. Im doing this cause I wanted too, as he is a personal friend, and one that knows first hand how much he cares about his pedals and the guys buying them. Again just my 2 cents, but I feel I know the man well enough to reply.

9. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

Well, some people like to hang 'me high I guess.
    I'd cut him some slack.

10. iim7v7im7

iim7v7im7 Member

Hi,

A few days ago someone who must be a good friend of Alfs reached out to me by PM on TGP to see if they could assist me in resolving my repair issue with Alf Hermida. This was unsolicited by my or Alf's part. Today, a replacement Zendrive arrived at my house. What is amazing is that it arrived because it was only addressed to my first name "Robert"!

I will be sending the non-working unit back to Alf on Monday. Alf is fortunate to have such good friends who care about him and his reputation. I want to sincerely thank this individual who will remain nameless for stepping in when they did not have to resolve this issue on my behalf.

:)

Bob

11. yardbird mac

yardbird mac Member

Formerly a Colorado resident stuck in Ohio!
    My thinking on this subject is that if he is going to offer a good product, he needs to cut his profit margin a little by fixing some things. If he can't handle the demands for orders, repairs, shipping etc. he needs to take on an assistant. He also needs to fix his computer issues and keep his customers informed of any delays via mass e-mailing (bcc... it can be done).

What I don't understand is why he is "selectively" nice to some customers while ignoring others. In the long run he stands to ultimately lose by not fixing what needs to be fixed.

I don't deal with businesses that can't come through with the product.*

*Or selectively ignored!

12. spakuloid

spakuloid Member

He also needs to change his website so that it doesn't say things are in stock and usually ship in 7 days. This is clearly not the case. He should just change it so no one gets their feelings hurt when a month goes by and they hear nothing about the pedal they paid for.

13. FuzzOff

FuzzOff Member

Alf makes great pedals. It's a shame to see the service declines, but there are many other pedal makers ready and willing to take the business. Hope he gets it sorted out.

14. waters

waters Member

This is my problem. I ordered a reverb over 3 weeks ago when his website said that it ships in ONE week and I still have not gotten it. I got an email from him 2 weeks ago that I would be receiving a shipping email shortly but still haven't gotten that email. I have recently sent 3 emails the last two trying to cancel my order.I am hoping he gets my cancelation emails and doesn't send the pedal so I wouldn't have to pay for postage to ship it back. I have since bought and received during this time a Stereo Wet and am very happy I did. Hermida makes some very good pedals I have had the older larger version of the reverb before and it sounded great. I hope he can be more accessible to his customers in the future. Hasn't he had these so called computer/email problems for years now?

15. jguitarnash

jguitarnash Member

ANY business 1 or 10,000 that can't handle email will not last long. Customer service is EVERYTHING.

16. oxtone

oxtone Member

Must be a bump in the road - hope Alf can get caught up.

I've never had a problem with contacting Alf - he's always responded to my email's, and turned around my Zendrive quickly when I had a little problem with the 9 volt jack.

17. mudster

mudster High Prairie Wrangler Silver Supporting Member

I am having a similar problem. I ordered a pedal May 12th (paid at time of purchase). It says "if you can order a pedal it is in stock." Well, now it is June 5th and no word. I've also emailed 2 or 3 times asking for an update.
    With all due respect, this is not the way to operate a business. If I don't hear anything soon, I will have little choice but to attempt to cancel the transaction. All it would take to resolve the situation would be the courtesy of a reply. I am patient, but I think communication is a must.

18. pete692

pete692 Silver Supporting Member

IMO, Paul Cochrane has set the standard when your business model has a wait list and a build time. His pedal isn't the only thing that rocks about his business. Skreddy's isn't half bad either, I kind of like paying half up front. Sort of makes the pedal seem more affordable.

19. slowth

slowth Member

i was just thinking of orderin the reverb 2...

20. waters

waters Member

There may be one in stock soon if he ever looks at my cancelation emails... Of course that's assuming he has even seen my order from over 3 weeks a go and has made the pedal.