Alf Hermida Contact

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by iim7v7im7, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Webfoot

Webfoot Supporting Member

Sounds life Alf needs to post somewhere on recognizing the problems and a new game plan. I can see how small operations can get buried.... maybe he needs someone else to manage the 'store' side of the business (web site, emails, orders, shipping, customer support etc). I also wanted to get reverb 2 but will not try unless I hear something to give me more confidence. And you want these guys to succeed.

2. Shinequwa

Shinequwa Member

This is a bummer to hear. I've purchased several pedals from Alf in the past, and have always had a great experience. I hope he gets through it soon. He is a builder, and not a marketer, so maybe he should get some assistance. FWIW, I've had a bad experience with a TGP member who mods and rehouses pedals. This person is loved my many here who had good experiences with this person. I guess timing is everything.

3. bobbyatomic

bobbyatomic Member

The thing is it would only take a note on site saying there's going to be a wait time, it isn't that people mind waiting, loads of pedals have wait times and people are fine with that, it's that people are spending their money with no idea when and if the pedals going to turn up, that can be worrying without any form of contact. I really want one of these pedals, but I'm putting off ordering one till this is cleared up, I'll have the money to spend in a couple of weeks and if this hasn't been resolved by then I'll be starting a thread asking about alternatives.

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I've known Al for several years now, and he's been behind at times all thru that. And occasionally his email skills have been lacking. That said, he's made good on everything he's promised me, every time!

5. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

Could not agree more with you on the P.C. thing outstanding! Would like a Screwdriver ,so ya 1/2 I can steal with. Wait's seem a little long though.

6. yardbird mac

yardbird mac Member

Formerly a Colorado resident stuck in Ohio!
    The guy can't even acknowledge the cancellation of my order!

7. waters

waters Member

He didn't acknowledge mine either so I opened a paypal dispute and he then did return the funds a day or so later.

8. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

I'm very interested in this subject since I placed an order on May 20.
    Someone here did the same one week before I did, so I'm anxiously expecting him saying that he's got a tracking number.

9. mudster

mudster High Prairie Wrangler Silver Supporting Member

Update: I filed a Paypal dispute (actually, I was just looking into it to see what it would entail and thought there was one more screen to confirm when, voila, I had filed the dispute). This is after several polite emails spaced over 2 weeks and closing on one month after the in stock pedal hadn't arrived (today would be one month). The very next day I get, through Paypal, the tracking numbers - still no email response, nothing.
    Now, the entire 'having email problems' or 'having computer problems' defense is complete bull if you get paid via Paypal. Obviously their communication, via email, is working just fine. This means that ignoring customer emails is a choice, for whatever reason.

I would probably order another pedal and just know that this is how it is going to be, but I find it dismaying that the level of respect for the customer is so low that a simple email response is too much to ask. A small bit of communication would have gone a very long way.

Now on the brighter side, I love the pedal. I never worried I wouldn't receive it. I think if you want one of his pedals, just expect it will take longer than the website says, you may never hear from him, but it will show up eventually.

10. slowth

slowth Member

aye.. i'm so ready to get a reverb 2.. but with such responses.. hard to pull the trigger.

11. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

Mr. Hermida has just updated his website.

I prefer to believe he's putting his best to overcome all problems he have faced, so I wish him good luck.

Also, I hope it means that my Zendrive is coming home soon. ;)

12. waters

waters Member

I am glad to see he updated his website. Like I have mentioned before I have owned both a Zendrive and the larger Reverb pedal and both sounded great and were very well built. I delated my last post, I was feeling a bit frustrated when I wrote it. :) I hope Alf gets caught up.

13. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

In spite of his last update stating that the current wait is up to 3 weeks...

Four weeks have elapsed and I haven't seen a single word about my order.

14. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

It'll be your best OD to date so hang in there. ;) I've got 3 of Alf's dirt pedals and the wait is difficult but worth it. I believe I'm done with searching for OD's.:rotflmaoSeriously, I had the pleasure of putting several G.A.S. purchases up against my Zen 2 at band practice and the Zen always won out against the top TGP contenders. :rockin

15. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

I have been patient about my order, but 40 days have elapsed and the Zendrive hasn't arrived yet.

Is he still alive? Is he still on business?

16. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

Initiate contact with him if you haven't done so as of yet and ask for an ETA (estimated time of arrival). Squeaky wheel always gets the grease.

17. bobbyatomic

bobbyatomic Member

Isn't initiating contact with him the problem?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  18. paulsroland

paulsroland Member

I ordered my pedal May 15. I have sent numerous emails and requests for cancellation to Hermida and received no response. I'm very dissapointed about the whole deal. If you're going to file a dispute with Paypal you need to know they have a 45 day limit for filing.

19. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

The web site says 3 weeks. 45 day limit on Paypal would dictate filing an official complaint before that time limit is reached.

20. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

This is what I'm considering to do.

Did you file a dispute as well? How it ended?