Alf Hermida Contact

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by iim7v7im7, Apr 4, 2012.

1. waters

waters Member

I filed a paypal dispute months ago after waiting longer than his website had quoted and days after filing the dispute he refunded my funds.

2. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

There was another in this thread that got his pedal shortly after filing. If you get your money back, there is usually a Zen on the emporium.

3. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

The title says how it ended.

After several attempts to contact Alf Hermida, I had to ask PayPal to set him a deadline. However, he didn't answer their message so that I have just got a refund.

What a shame. I could have waited if he answered telling me that he would ship the pedal soon or later. But 1) he's having a tough time and can't answer messages even from PayPal, or 2) -- even worse -- he merely doesn't care anymore about his customers.

I was as patient as it was possible to be (I ordered my Zendrive 2 MONTHS AGO!), but I don't know if he is still alive at least. After that, my humble piece of advice is: don't order from HermidaAudio. :(

4. SamOfFinland

SamOfFinland Member

^ That is sad :( I ordered my Zendrive three weeks ago. I really hope I get my pedal one day.

5. limfac

limfac Member

Same here, ordered a Tiki Drive about 3 weeks ago. In the same boat :(

6. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

read his site and chill.
    boutique, you must know the drill.
    alf is still the man.

(that's haiku y'all).

7. SamOfFinland

SamOfFinland Member

Alf uses WordPress for his site. If the wait is 2 months instead of 3 weeks for a pedal why not update the front page. It takes 1 minute to do that in WordPress.

8. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

You better keep counting the days since you placed your order. You can file a paypal dispute in the first 45 days after your order only.

9. Smudger

Smudger Member

Hi,

This my first time posting.

I ordered and paid for a Nu-Valve back in mid May and other than a "thanks and it will be dispatched soon" I have heard nothing. I have emailed him just a couple of times, because I didn't want to seem impatient. To much time has now elapsed for the PayPal refund process to be enacted.

I feel that I might have been forgotten. If anyone has got any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bob

10. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

You should eventually receive it. I'm sure he is proceeding in the order of his sales orders. I would continue to email him and ask (nicely) about the time delay. BTW, the Nu-valve is a great pedal that gets no fanfare around here. I am not affiliated with Hermida what so ever. Just love his pedals.

11. Smudger

Smudger Member

Hi,

Thanks for that. There's never any mileage in my mind by not being nice, particularly with someone of Alf's reputation. I'm sure it'll arrive some time, I only hear good things about the pedal.

12. Smudger

Smudger Member

Hi, thanks for that. Personally I can never see any mileage in not being nice, particularly with someone of Alf's reputation. I only hear good things about the Nu-Valve, I'm sure it'll arrive sometime.

13. SamOfFinland

SamOfFinland Member

Has someone got a pedal from Hermida or managed to contact him lately? I tried to contact him by email but got no response. No surprise.

14. smoss469

smoss469 Member

Win.

15. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

there's nothing unique about the tale of the desirable pedal, the aloof builder, the unrelenting support of the builders friends, and or, earliest "satisfied" customers, and the congregation of unhappy customers.

why is this situation so common?

we have people on this very forum that like to call people who have legitimate complaints whiners, and others that keep reminding you that these builders are "small" businesses and often are just "one" man shops. or that they are waiting for parts, or enclosures, or tending to life situations {like we don't}, or dealing with illness {like we don't} or can't communicate with their supporters & customer base because they would be on the phone all day long, instead of building pedals, etc.

we hear every excuse & probable cause and played out scenario, over & over again.

the way some of the builders run their "small" business and treat their customers is unconscionable to me. it isn't acceptable in any legitimate business, and everybody knows this. if pedal builders were treated in the same way by places they patronized, as they treat their customers, they would be equally appalled.

being a great guy isn't a viable defense for running a half assed business and abusing the trust and support of your customers.

sad to hear that hermida has joined the ranks of savant pedal builder, that lacks communications skills & respect for his customers. i thought he was different...

16. waters

waters Member

Computer/email problems most likely...

17. waters

waters Member

I am sorry to see that this company is still having communication and order fulfillment problems since my issue a few moths ago with an order. It does however make me glad that I pursued making a paypal dispute and got a prompt refund.

18. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

Very well put.

19. spakuloid

spakuloid Member

Stop

giving

him

your

business

20. MaxTwang

MaxTwang Member

Why, the OP had his non-working out-of-warranty pedal replaced at no charge in less time than I waited for my Zen back when wait times were quite long.