• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Alice Cooper Reunion

John II

All of the Alice Cooper albums through On The Inside get regular rotation in my CD player.

Having Bob Ezrin on board could be magical.

zombywoof

Alice was one of those folks whom I could care less about during his heyday. These days though, well I have grown to kinda enjoy Coop.

John II

We are long overdue for remasters of the original albums. Why Rhino or the like has not remastered the entire Alice Cooper catalog is beyond me. Someone get this done!!

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
I think there are relatively recent remasters of some of those LPs. Might be limited number releases.

John II

I think there are relatively recent remasters of some of those LPs. Might be limited number releases.

Yep. Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome... were reissued. Would love to see Killer, Love It To Death and Schools Out reissued. Love that stuff!

chrisr777

I'm really wondering what the sequel to Welcome To My Nightmare is going to sound like. And the huge stage show? Last time I saw him with an over the top show it was Brutal Planet. Could be awesome.

Smakutus

This is cool news.. the original Alice Cooper band was the first rock band I was really into...

What the the problem with Micheal Bruce and Alice?

Jeff

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
I'm 110% on the band reunion but 50/50 on the Ezrin thing. If they get the Bob Ezrin who produced The Kings Are Here, I'll knock a me-shaped hole in the record store wall like Bugs Bunny to get it. If it;s Wall Bob or Destroyer Bob, ummmmm.....

Yeah he took them from Easy Action to Love It To Death but he also rode the faders on some seriously grandiose, bloated, overstuffed production. The songs on his stuff usually bat a very good average, aside from the production.

Ears open, nose shut? Is that the key (pun intended)?

Steeltoe

Silver Supporting Member
Good to see Vince finally making things right after all these years. The way the original members were fired, was shameful of Alice and his manager. All so they could make more money for themselves.
The entire original band was called "Alice Cooper". Remember Jethro Tull? Same idea...a fictional name for the whole band.
Their mistake, IMO, was letting Vince take the name for himself. The original band was very cohesive, and seemed to share the same musical conscience, and was never successfully
duplicated by any other of the following incarnations of the Alice Cooper band. All hired guns followed, naturally paid much less than if the original members, who split the money in the old days.
That said, I'm really looking forward to hear what they can dish up!

Top Bottom