• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

All my OD's sound.... funky?!?!?

d-b

So last night at the end of rehearsal my OCD suddenly sounds gnarly like a fuzz. In the heat of battle I don't think to much about it cause my monitor sounds like crap so maybe that's it. Next song I use Zendrive and it to sounds like a fuzz. Turns out all my OD's sound like this. I tried a different amp and same thing. I can turn the drive all the way down on the pedals and they don't clean up. Delay's, modulation, reverb etc all seem fine. The only thing I have done different is run the FD2 at 18V recently. Could it be Pedal Power2?

Any Ideas? When I get home I will pull them off the board and try some batteries.

rybass

Maybe not getting enough power? I've used a power drain on some distortions and they tend to get pretty knarly and hard to control when you start draing power from them.

Check your power source on your board back to the wall.

d-b

It's just one extension cord to the wall. Hmmmm.....It did it when I got home as well with no extension cord..straight into the wall.

OrangeAD30TC

The venerable H.W.
Is it possible that the effects being powered by PPII channel 7 or 8 is not true bypass and the little knob cutting the power is turned cause the pedal to barely pass tone?

OrangeAD30TC

The venerable H.W.
Did you check to make sure the effects being powered by the PP2 with the dying battery simulation trim pots are on full. A Boss style pedal that is not true bypass needs power even when off.

d-b

O.K. here is an update. Two of my OD's are on one PP2 and two are on another PP2 the second PP2 is powered by the first PP2. All four OD's were making the fuzz sound. The Battery sag pots are wide open.

Practiced just now and it was fine so I am wondering if this is something that happens when they are running for a while and get hot?!?! It did happen after being plugged in for about 2 hours????

Trending Topics