Sold All Rosewood Tele - TRADED

timmers

Silver Supporting Member
TRADED!

Love love love this guitar, but just need the money for studio-building and/or getting-other-guitar-sounds purposes. Kills me to move it, but GAS is GAS is GAS.

Custom builder (PM me for details), all Indian Rosewood, 8.13 lbs, Custom Shop NoCaster pickups, Fender & Glendale hardware, CTS & Switchcraft electronics; neck is medium C shape w rounded edges, 6105 fretwire, 9.5" radius, and is a joy to play. Finished in gun oil, fast and smooth as can be. (fwiw, F*nder decal applied by me). Set up w 11's and ready to rock.

Fender is selling the Custom Shop versions of this exact guitar for north of $7K list (which is crazytown!). Trade value on this on is/around $2800. On my list:
- Ribbon mics (Royer 121, Coles 4038, etc.)
- Neve 1073 pre's/channels (BAE, Vintech X73i, etc.)
- Gretsch 6120 of some iteration
- Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Mustang
- Koll Glide or Jr. Glide
- Les Paul Special doublecut
- electric 12-string
- baritone scale guitars

Would be very happy to do a gear + cash or multi-gear trade for this one. Thanks everyone! Be safe out there.

Last edited:

bbtelecaster

question , I love the sound and your playin is cool, what kind of pedal do you use when you got that edge , sustaining sound, curious, thanks,bbtelecaster

timmers

Silver Supporting Member
question , I love the sound and your playin is cool, what kind of pedal do you use when you got that edge , sustaining sound, curious, thanks,bbtelecaster
Thanks man. I believe the distorted stuff in that clip is a Catalinbread DLS v3 into an Alessandro Working Dog (which is kind of like a Pro/Super Reverb w one 12" speaker...). Prob an Alter Ego x4 in there, too! #hookedondelay

I could sit and watch you play all day long.... EFFORTLESS! Great tone & what a hell of an axe. Man I'd kill for that tele! I'm in the market for one but doubt my budget could come close to this.....

timmers

Silver Supporting Member
I could sit and watch you play all day long.... EFFORTLESS! Great tone & what a hell of an axe. Man I'd kill for that tele! I'm in the market for one but doubt my budget could come close to this.....
Thanks man! Definitely a fun, special instrument!

timmers

Silver Supporting Member
Lots of PM's replied to. Still looking for the right trade, trade + cash, or would sell outright for $2800 shipped...

timmers

Silver Supporting Member
Tons of PM's offers replied to. Still holding out for the right one!

GrisKy

Jeeeeez that thing is just right!

I don't need any more Tele's. I don't need any more Tele's. I don't need any more Tele's. I... I...

...If I say it enough, maybe I'll start believing it.

jtees4

Beautiful! I never heard of a solid rosewood guitar being that light. Am I missing something?

timmers

Silver Supporting Member
Beautiful! I never heard of a solid rosewood guitar being that light. Am I missing something?
Thanks! This beauty is made from wood that was hand-selected for it's lightness, and is slightly weight-relieved (similar to the weight-relief done on Gibson Les Paul's, etc.) on the rosewood top & bottom on the sides that face the maple 'sandwich' piece. And it's actually 8.13 lbs. -- just re-weighed it (original post up top corrected).

dirge59

I have information from a reliable source, that it is chambered like a thinline, without the 'F' hole. making it mass, with acoustical qualities,,,

jtees4

Thanks! This beauty is made from wood that was hand-selected for it's lightness, and is slightly weight-relieved (similar to the weight-relief done on Gibson Les Paul's, etc.) on the rosewood top & bottom on the sides that face the maple 'sandwich' piece. And it's actually 8.13 lbs. -- just re-weighed it (original post up top corrected).
Thanks for that, I have a bad back and really can't deal with anything over 8....actually it has to be in the low 7's or lower for me. My main guitars are SG's for this reason. I was just curious because I know any rosewood Tele in the past was very heavy. Personally, I like chambered guitars...I have owned fully chambered guitars....08 LP Standard Faded, a couple of Double cut LP's and even my current Logan Tele....but the weight of chambered guitars can still be up there depending. The lightest I ever had was a 97 Parker Fly Deluxe....4.5 pounds! Good luck with your sale and great playing too.

jtees4

I have information from a reliable source, that it is chambered like a thinline, without the 'F' hole. making it mass, with acoustical qualities,,,
Thanks. My Logan Tele is made that way, and I like it! But i like chambered guitars, I've had many (see post above).

Bobby D

that's a beautiful guitar, and the fact that it's just a little over 8 lbs is AMAZING. I would probably like that guitar MORE than the $8k FMIC version. good luck with the sale!

timmers

Silver Supporting Member
that's a beautiful guitar, and the fact that it's just a little over 8 lbs is AMAZING. I would probably like that guitar MORE than the $8k FMIC version. good luck with the sale!
Thanks! True! One of a kind here!

Trending Topics