• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

All the Things you Are (improv)- Vintage Gibson ES-125

BlueWolf

Mutations Expert
Platinum Supporting Member
Such a beautiful tune. Great playing too. I really enjoyed that. Makes me want to whip out my axe right now.

Julio Iguana

Excellent playing and tone. Your P-90’s sound really full and round. What’s the extra switch on the upper bout do?

asintoras

i loved it

playing standards is the most fun too
Agree!
I like it.
Nice tone too.
Thanks...
Excellent playing and tone. Your P-90’s sound really full and round. What’s the extra switch on the upper bout do?
Thanks Julio. The P90 on this guitar is incredible, but only the neck is original. My dad added another pickup for the bridge (from a cheap Japanese guitar from the 60's) and the extra switches and pot. He could not find a 3 way toggle switch in Chile in those days, so he made it work with a pair of 2 way toggle switches. When I got the guitar in 1990, we started the search for replacement parts, including a 3 way toggle and another P90 (in this case, a Seymour Duncan Antiquity, later on). The extra hole is filled with a switch that does nothing, just so that the hole is covered.
Don't Google "whip out my axe", lol.
Now I want to google that!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom