All Things Phish

cosmicevan

Not sure how I'm just now finding out about this thread...but in any event if any of y'all are local to Long Island and/or NYC and want to jam...I'm a bassist primary but also play other noise making things. I can host jams for the next 2 months at my place.

Also, I'm iso a 7/23 pav. I can trade a 2 day lawn pass and/or cash and/or other stuff.

llewis13

When Trey kicks off the solo in Hungersite, Radio City was busting! It was really one of the best (not to be punny but) 'goosebumps' moments I've ever had a live show.

And I'm just going to take this opportunity to say I'm a drummer (guitar is my 2nd instrument) in Westchester NY and am always looking to jam with people! PM me if you wanna jam on some Wolfmans or Simple or anything phishy!

Controlling Smilers

Platinum Supporting Member
Damnit! I’d definitely jam with you guys but I’m in RI. I used to jam Phish with a good drummer but haven’t had anyone to play with in some time (I play guitar).

Also, I have a pair of extras for Hartford (sect 400) if anyone needs them!

Phisherman

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure how I'm just now finding out about this thread...but in any event if any of y'all are local to Long Island and/or NYC and want to jam...I'm a bassist primary but also play other noise making things. I can host jams for the next 2 months at my place.

Also, I'm iso a 7/23 pav. I can trade a 2 day lawn pass and/or cash and/or other stuff.
Welcome to the thread! Hope you enjoy what’s been posted. Throw a link to your favorite jams to create some chatter!

I think I echo the sentiments of others in that, as a Deadhead, I should be more inclined to be a big Phish fan.

And I’ve certainly tried—I’ve seen Trey a bunch and saw Phish when they reunited in 09.

But I don’t know what stops me from being a diehard. It’s like Zappa: I appreciate his musical talent, but many of his songs’ lyrics just don’t connect with me. Frank had a big influence on Anastasio, and maybe that’s part of it. Too esoteric.

Controlling Smilers

Platinum Supporting Member
I think I echo the sentiments of others in that, as a Deadhead, I should be more inclined to be a big Phish fan.

And I’ve certainly tried—I’ve seen Trey a bunch and saw Phish when they reunited in 09.

But I don’t know what stops me from being a diehard. It’s like Zappa: I appreciate his musical talent, but many of his songs’ lyrics just don’t connect with me. Frank had a big influence on Anastasio, and maybe that’s part of it. Too esoteric.
I get it. I know a lot of folks think if you like the Dead you ought to like Phish, and vice versa, but I think the two are more different than they are the same. I like some aspects of the Dead, absolutely love Phish, but in general I’m very much take it or leave it with the Dead

Capncalyx

Im just here for the Phishing...

First show was at Raleigh...Double disk on video...Wicked thunderstorm.

Edit - i didnt read all the replies but was a Deadhead first. Even though the only show i saw was Atlanta right before Jerry died. I was 19 and just learned about em...too late.

I'm not a goose hater but personally I wasn't really wowed by the Trey sit in, either on his end or Goose's. I do agree that surprisingly Rick's Express sounded a lot better than Trey's set up :eeks I currently have my express 5:50+ listed for sale but now I'm having second thoughts lol

Trending Topics

Top Bottom