All your pedals are stolen - you get NO insurance money

jblake

I would absolutely buy another Rubberneck and Aqua Puss. I might buy another Centura or Zendrive depending on which was more readily available at the moment.

honkeyjim

I'd probably be open to trying different things; replace the basics like a Tube Screamer and RAT and take the opportunity to try different stuff other than things I had owned previously from such makers as Analog Man, Basic Audio, and Skreddy.

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'd probably be open to trying different things; replace the basics like a Tube Screamer and RAT and take the opportunity to try different stuff other than things I had owned previously from such makers as Analog Man, Basic Audio, and Skreddy.

Yeah, in this situation there is probably only a couple of things I would directly replace. The rest I'd like to see what's out there that's new and does the same job. I've had some of these pedals for years now.

Rocksully

This actually happened to me.
I was moving and my Uhaul was stolen, and I lost absolutely everything that I owned. Insurance didnt cover a thing, which was brutal.

Over the years Ive replaced my Timmy, Bigsky, Empress Para EQ,

plextasy

I would replace my King of Tone and Carbon Copy. I like all of the pedals on my board but those are the two that are must-haves.

tawtaw

I'd probably start out by replacing my Timmy and Adineko. Timmy is self explanatory, Adineko gives my a unit that can be tweaked for use as delay, reverb, and modulation. Amp11 would also be in contention....that's a pretty dank good drive solution for the money.

JonSick

I could get away with nothing... but I would rather not. I think the first I would replace is the Tuner. That's pretty much essential.

So I guess in order for my live rig:
- Reverb of some sort, probably the Boss RV6 or the Source Audio Collider
- Delay... probably wouldn't get a DD7 again, maybe something different.
- Wah is next. I really like my 18v Slash Wah, so probably another one of those.
- Flanger is a must. I'd probably hunt down another used Boss HF-2 or the EVH Flanger
- Chorus is next. My Blue Hippo isn't available anymore, so I would probably get a Boss CE-5. It does the job
- Phaser last. I've been using the MXR Zakk phaser since forever. It does everything I want and nothing I don't. It doesn't sound as good as my SiB Phaser, but it's smaller and I only use it in 2-3 songs.
- Boss Metalzone. Believe it or not, it does see a live song!

I'd probably get mostly the same stuff. TC Nova System, Hotcake. They might be basic tools but the Nova System Provides a good set of FX, and it's easy to program and operate live.
The Hotcake (or Xotic AC Boost) is a great pedal for warming up a too clean amp, or getting a good sound from an SS amp.

ikan

I’d start again with Source Audio line of pedals like Ventris, Nemesis and Kingmaker. The rest can come later.

portobear

I'd start with an HX Effects and expression pedal. Maybe start to add replacement pedals if I felt I was missing some tones.

If I did go down the route of replacing my pedals, first ones on the list would be Twinbender, ODR mini, Amp 11, Dunlop Echoplex and Vox Wah.

SmartAlex

I think, at the end of the day, I’d really not need much. A $50 Spark Clean Boost, $70 Mini Tube Screamer and $100 RV-6 Reverb. Oh and maybe a noise gate too but that’s all I’d need in front of my Marshall DSL40CR. I’m hyper focused on being a better player and less on gear acquisition...

dmutter

First, my insurance will cover it...but I'll play anyways.

I'd 100% buy another JHS Morning Glory and Diamond Compressor.

There is one pedal I own, a Chorus pedal from a builder who's customer service really sucked for me, that I would gladly replace with a pedal from another builder.

The rest I'd probably try some stuff and see where I land...maybe with the same gear or maybe new stuff.

Colamander

Zvex Distortron
CB Talisman.

Those are the two I would replace first and with exact replacements. I would probably experiment with the rest; FF, Treble Booster, MkII Bender, BB clone, some TS, Klone (maybe), Verb. Those are the important ones to me.

I would also definitely get a modeler to fill the gaps. Heck, I do that now. :p
Distortron is such a good pedal

Hank Habanero

My current board is:

Bonamassa Wah
Polytune
Micro POG
Synth9
Engl MIDI Switch (for Kemper)

I'd replace everything with identical ones, except that my Polytune is a first generation (I think) one, and I'd just buy whatever the current version was.

bobcs71

All of my pedals were 'stolen' by low bids on Reverb.com when I was no longer playing out.

I had an opportunity to play with an old band & I bought a FlyRig5 v2.
Nothing in the playlist was limited. I kept the FlyRig & haven't purchased other pedals.

laurabaileysirishcre

Supporting Member
I have a board with individual pedals and a POD GO + H9 setup.

If I lost everything, I would probably just buy back the POD GO initially, and then slowly build up the reserves again.

dmutter

Wait... musicians have insurance?!? :D
I know you're joking, but in case anybody needs this info...

I have a good home policy and I have confirmed that they will cover my gear both in and out of the house. I'm not a professional musician, they would classify this as my hobby and my personal property (aka music is not my business or profession officially) though I do play out 25-50 dates a year (in a normal non-pandemic situation). It's worth it for people to ask their insurance policies what is and what isn't included in their policy.

Back to the fun of dreaming about rebuilding your pedal collection from scratch :)